Air Fryer Asparagus
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Air Fryer Asparagus recipe is the best way to cook asparagus. With just a few ingredients and ready in under 10 minutes, you’ll have a perfect last-minute side dish to any meal!
Easy Air Fryer Asparagus Parmesan
I love asparagus! Air Fryer Asparagus adds just the right fresh touch to any dinner, including chicken, steak or fish without needing a ton of oil and fat!
Air Fryer Asparagus with parmesan is just another reason why I can’t get enough of my Cosori air fryer! From Air Fryer Salmon, Air Fryer Tilapia , Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets, Air Fryer Zucchini Fries, to Air-Fried French Fries this appliance makes food so crispy and decadent without all the extra calories!
Asparagus: of course! Look for 1 bunch with thin, snappy spears.
Olive oil: The olive oil coat the asparagus and helps make them crisp.
Parmesan cheese: I used shredded parmesan cheese in this recipe, however I’ve also used grated parmesan. Both work great.
Salt and black pepper: To taste.
How to Cook Asparagus in Air Fryer:
Cooking asparagus in air fryer couldn’t be any easier!
- Rinse and dry. Rinse the spears under cool water to remove any grit and dry by gently rolling them in a kitchen towel.
- Grease air fryer: Spray the basket with baking spray to avoid sticking.
- Trim off the ends. Trim/snap off the ends and spread the asparagus evenly in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Add oil and season. Season your asparagus with black pepper, salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add grated parmesan on top of the asparagus.
- Cook. Set your air fryer to 400 F and cook for 7 minutes.
- Trimming the Asparagus. Asparagus tastes the best when the white part of the stalk has been trimmed off. You may or may not know this trick, but hold the asparagus spear in your two hands and bend it near the base. The spear will snap off where the woody part of the stalk ends and the edible stem begins. Alternatively, you can use a knife to cut off the end.
- Single Layer is Key. Make sure that your asparagus are in a single layer and not too crowded in the basket. If they are too packed in there the air will not circulate around them causing them not to crisp up.
- Batch Cooking. If you’re making a double batch of this recipe. Pay attention to that second batch, the air fryer will already be hot so the second batch may not take as long as the first.
How to Store Cooked Asparagus
Air-fried asparagus will keep well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat, place back in air fryer basket and warm them at 350ºF for 2-3 minutes until warm throughout and crisp.
Wondering what to serve with crispy Air Fryer Asparagus:
This recipe is the perfect side dish to serve with Pan Seared Salmon with Garlic Butter Chicken Tawook, Baked Salmon, Salmon Kabobs, or Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets.
Looking for more asparagus recipes, here are a couple more on the blog:
Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing
EASY AIR FRYER RECIPES:
Air Fryer was the perfect addition to my kitchen! This appliance makes food so crispy without all the extra calories! Making things in the air fryer is the easiest! Here are some of basic air fryer recipes that you can try out:
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fried Okra
Air-Fried Zucchini Chips
Air-Fried French Fries
Stay connected! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post.
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM| EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the The Salt and Sweet Kitchen. If you would like to check it out, join HERE.