This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Crispy Air-Fried French Fries are seriously the best! Have no guilt enjoying these delicious air fryer fries, made with just a small amount of olive oil. Pull out the spuds and get your Ketchup ready!
I’ve been making these five-star air-fried French fries for a while now and I’ll never make them any other way. The key is to shake the air fryer basket frequently and not to overcrowd your basket.
What do You Need To Make Air-Fried French Fries
You will need two basic ingredients, well three if you count salt.
- Potatoes: I have always used Russet potatoes, but you can feel free to try a different kind if you’d like.
- Olive oil: Only 1 tablespoon will do!
- Salt: For seasoning.
How to Make Air-Fried French Fries
- PEAL & Cut: Peal your whole potatoes and cut them into French fry shapes, about 1/4-inch thick.
- SOAK: Soak the potatoes in cold water at least 20 minutes to remove some of the starch.
- DRY: Don’t skip this step! Transfer you potatoes to a colander after soaking and drain well then pat dry them with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- OIL & SEASON: Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook: Place a single layer of potatoes in the basket of the air fryer and cook for about 15 minutes or until crispy and golden brown, at 380 F- shaking the basket every 5 minutes to make sure they cook evenly.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Fries:
Other Air Fryer Fecipes:
Don’t let your air fryer sit on your countertop collecting dust! Check out these great recipes: