This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re craving a low carb, crunchy and super fun snack, make this Air Fryer Zucchini Chips recipe! They’re crisp on the outside, tender in the middle, and full of delicious parmesan flavor.
No air fryer? No problem. You’ll find an alternative baking method to this recipe in the notes section. You can also find a vegan modification there.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips- A Healthy Air Fryer Snack Recipe
I love my air fryer, I use it for everything now. If you haven’t used an air fryer yet to heat up your kiddos’ frozen chicken nuggets or even just a cold slice of pizza, you are missing out! Reheating things in an oven or toaster is OK, but in the air fryer they taste so fresh, crispy and delicious – game changer!
I also try some real air fryer recipes once in while by the way, and this air fryer zucchini chips recipe is one of them!
I mean, it is a real recipe and all, but also so simple, easy and quick to make. You’ll only need a few ingredients:
Zucchini- Two medium zucchini are sliced into ¼ slices to create the most perfectly crispy chips. If you grow your own zucchini, then this recipe is perfect for using what you have left in the garden.
Egg- 1 egg.
Panko breadcrumbs- for a crispy coating.
Parmesan cheese- Freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Cooking spray- such as avocado or olive oil cooking spray.
Salt and pepper- For seasoning.
How to Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips:
(Scroll down for exact quantities)
Think of this recipe in three sections:
- Basic prep. You’ll start by cutting the zucchini into thin round slices and mixing up the crispy topping. Try to make zucchini rounds equal so they all cook evenly. Then you whisk the egg, salt and pepper together.
- Dredging. This part can get a little messy! Dunk each zucchini slice in the egg mixture, then toss it in the panko mixture. Coat both sides evenly, place it in the greased air fryer basket. Repeat with the remaining zucchini slices!
- Air Frying! Drizzle the zucchini chips with cooking spray and cook until they’re golden brown and crisp for about 5 minutes at 350 F.
Tips and Variations for Air Fryer Zucchini Chips:
- Be sure to evenly slice the zucchini chips so you have even and balanced chips.
- To make vegan zucchini chips in air fryer, simply replace the egg with ¼ cup nut milk mixed with 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed. And Replace regular parmesan cheese with a vegan Parmesan or skip it all together.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
To Bake in Oven Instead of Air Fryer:
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat baking sheet with cooking oil and drizzle 1 table spoon of olive oil.
- Place zucchini onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Coat the top with cooking spray.
- Pop them in the oven.
- Bake at 425 °F for 20 minutes (flipping halfway through).