Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets
This post may contain affiliate links.
Crispy, golden, delicious Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets is my favorite way to make breaded chicken without all the oil! Air fryer breaded chicken will become your new favorite way to prepare chicken. It requires minimal prep and less than 20 minutes to cook. Serve these air fryer chicken cutlets on their own, in hamburger rolls or over a salad!
These Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets are so crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Easy to make and perfectly air fried crispy chicken that the whole family can enjoy.
What is a Chicken Cutlet?
A chicken cutlet is basically a thin piece of a chicken breast, which usually come pre-sliced thin at your local grocery store. Chicken cutlets can be easily prepared at home from a whole boneless, skinless chicken breast. Slice each whole chicken breast horizontally from the thick end to the thin end into two equal pieces. Then you simply pound them with a mallet to an even 1/4-inch thickness. Chicken breast cutlets cook quick and evenly, that’s why they are perfect for air frying!
Quick Chicken Hack: If slicing your own cutlets, it’s helpful to freeze the chicken breasts for 20-30 minutes before cutting. I find it easier to slice through a slightly frozen piece of chicken or meat.
Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets Ingredients:
There is nothing like a good piece of tender chicken, coated in a flavorful, crunchy outer coating. Welcome air fried breaded chicken! Here is what you’ll need:
Chicken breast cutlets
All purpose flour
Tips for Making Beaded Chicken in an Air Fryer:
- Pre heat you air fryer before adding the breaded chicken, for about 3 minutes.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Avoid the temptation of jamming a bunch of chicken pieces into the air fryer basket, this will lead to an unevenly cooked cutlets.
- Flip the cutlets halfway through. To ensure they are crispy on both sides.
- Generously spray the chicken cutlets with cooking spray, once you place it in the air fryer and once you turn it halfway too.
- Don’t overcook your chicken breast: These cutlets cook really quick, overcooking can make them dry. I recommend you check around 7 minutes.
How to Make Breaded Chicken Cutlets in Air Fryer:
(Full recipe with quantities in recipe card below)
- Dredge chicken cutlets in flour, beaten egg, then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F and generously Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- In batches transfer chicken cutlets to the air fryer basket. Spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray as well.
- Cook for 4 minutes on one side then turn it, spray with cooking spray again and cook for another 4 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Cook time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breasts. (Mine took 8 minutes)
- Serve and Enjoy!
How to bake thin chicken breast:
If you don’t own an air fryer, you can bake these chicken cutlets instead. Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and generously grease it with cooking spray. Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking oil on top as well. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken cutlets and bake for 5-8 minutes more, or until golden and cooked through.
What to serve with breaded air fryer chicken cutlet breast:
Air fryer chicken breast can be served alongside some roasted veggies to keep it as healthy as possible. They will taste great with some roasted potatoes, over a salad, or with hummus or baba ganoush.
How to store crispy air fryer chicken?
These crispy chicken cutlets are best enjoyed fresh. But you can store it in the fridge for 3-5 days. Allow the cutlets to cool off completely on a cooling rack before placing it in an airtight container and storing it in the fridge.