This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings are so easy to make with a handful of ingredients. Simple but delicious, these crispy wings are cooked in air fryer instead of deep fried in oil. They make for the perfect appetizer that everyone will love.
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
Cooking wings in the air fryer instead of deep frying them is so much healthier, and they turn out wonderfully crispy and delicious. Perfect for game day, a party, or just as an appetizer at home, these healthy chicken wings are so easy to make!
These wings are tossed in olive oil, salt and spices and then air fried to crispy perfection. Make them ASAP, and then thank me later! 🙂
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings Ingredients:
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these delicious crispy wings in the air fryer. The exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Chicken wings. I usually buy them in trays labeled as “party wings,” already split into flats and drumettes, with the tips removed. This time I only found whole chicken wings. Either one is fine!
- Seasonings. I toss the wings in a combination of paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. You can use onion powder in addition to or instead of the garlic powder.
- Olive oil. 1 tablespoon only.
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings:
Cooking chicken wings in the air fryer is easy! In fact, this is one of my easiest air fryer recipes, which is why I love it so much. Here are the basic steps:
Toss the wings in olive oil, salt and spices.
Arrange chicken wings in air fryer oven or basket in a single layer. You might need to cook in batches.
Air fry! at 400 F for about 15- 16 minutes or until fully cooked, well-browned, and wonderfully crispy, flipping half way through. Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
Serve– Carefully remove the air fryer wings from the air fryer, toss in your favorite sauce if using, and serve with your favorite sides.
NOTE: This recipe was made using the Cosori Air Fryer. If you’re using a different air fryer, you may need to adjust your cooking time accordingly. Smaller wings will cook faster than larger wings.
What I LOVE about this Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe:
- Healthier- without the deep frying, you get wings that are lower in fat and total calories!
- Crispy- The air fryer makes them crisp and delicious!
- Tender and juicy!
- 5 minutes prep!
- 15 minutes cook time!
Sauce for Crispy Chicken Wings:
This is the fun part… Dip these air fryer wings in:
- Buffalo sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Or any other favorite sauce! Try this remoulade sauce recipe.
Tips For Making the Best Chicken Wings in Air Fryer:
- Depending on the size of the wings, the most accurate way of seeing if you’ve finished cooking the wings is by checking the internal temperature. Smaller wings will take less time to cook.
- If there is moisture on the wings from the packaging, pat them dry with a paper towel to ensure crispy skin.
- Make sure you spread the wings out in a single layer in the air fryer basket, so they cook evenly. Cook in batches if needed.
- If you like prefer spicy, try these spicy ranch chicken wings.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to make chicken wings crispy?
There is no need to use flour to make crispy air fryer chicken wings. The skin will crisp up beautifully in the air fryer.
How long do I cook wings in air fryer?
For 15- 16 minutes at 400 F, flipping half way through!
Can I coat them with sauce?
Yes. Remove the air fryer basket about 5 minutes earlier, brush the wings with your favorite sauce and continue cooking them until done. Or cook them to the end and coat them with the sauce just before serving.
Can I cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer?
Yes! If you forgot to thaw your chicken wings, you can still make frozen chicken wings in air fryer!
Place frozen wings in the air fryer basket. Set temperature to 400°F, air fry for 10 mins. With a pair of kitchen tongs, transfer wings to a bowl and drain the liquid from the air fryer basket.
Now toss with the seasonings and olive oil to coat, then place wings back in the air fryer. Cook for another 15 mins or until internal temperature is 165°F. Check with the thickest wing for doneness.
How do I store leftover wings?
Air Fryer wings are best enjoyed fresh, but you store leftover wings an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat the wings, simply place them in the preheated air fryer and air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
What to serve with wings?
Traditionally, you’d find celery and carrots served with chicken wings. Dips such as ranch, blue cheese, buffalo sauce, or any of your favorite dips are a great addition. I like mine with a side of air fryer carrot fries.