This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Air Fryer Carrot Fries are crispy, soft, and delicious. This vegan air fryer side dish is an easy and healthy alternative to French fries. Ready in 15 minutes!
Air Fryer Carrot Fries- Rainbow Carrots
One of my favorite things about my air fryer is that it makes cooking so much easier. And these roasted carrots in the air fryer are no exception.
Simply peel and cut your carrots, season them, pop into the air fryer basket and let it do its thing. The garlic seasoning give these air fryer carrot fries five-star flavor.
Side note: If you don’t have an air fryer, you can easily bake these carrot sticks, I’ve included tips below.
Ingredients to Make Air Fryer Carrot Fries:
To make this delicious air fried carrot sticks, you will need a handful of ingredients (that are probably already in your fridge and pantry).- exact measurements in recipe card below:
- Carrots– I used rainbow carrots. You can also substitute with regular carrots if you have them on hand.
- Olive oil– 1 tablespoon only
- seasoning – Garlic powder & salt.
TOOLS NEEDED FOR THIS RECIPE
- A sharp knife and cutting board
- A vegetable peeler
- Air Fryer– I have and love this Cosori air fryer.
- Kitchen tongs or spatula for turning and removing carrots from the fryer.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST AIR FRYER CARROT FRIES
How to Cut Carrot Fries:
The thinner the fries, the more crispy they’ll become. I like to start by slicing each carrot in half lengthwise, and then in half again to get 4 long and skinny sections.
I then slice each of these sections into 3 or 4 fry-sized pieces. Try to keep these around the same size, so they cook evenly.
Seasoning the carrots:
I place my carrot sticks into a mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and garlic powder, then toss to combine until well coated.
Air Fry the Seasoned Rainbow Carrots:
Arrange the vegetables in the air fryer basket. Bake at for 380F 15-20 minutes until tender and crispy. Gently shake the air fryer basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
For very crispy carrots, arrange them in a single layer and cook in batches.
How to Serve Air Fryer Carrot Fries:
Serve air fryer carrots as a side dish with your favorite entrees such as:
For a complete air fryer vegan meal, serve these carrot fries with this Tofu Buddha Bowl.
Customize the flavors
Crispy Air Fryer carrot fries are so easy to customize! There are many great flavor combinations to try, but these are some of my favorites:
- Mexican-inspired: Toss the sliced carrots in a mixture of garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle chili powder, and cumin.
- Asian-inspired: Dress the carrots in ground ginger, garlic powder, and cilantro or coriander and top with sesame seeds.
- Garlic herb carrot fries: Toss your carrots in a mixture of oregano, parsley, cilantro, basil, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Spicy Cajun carrot fries: Keep things simple with a premade Cajun spice mix or make your own by combining chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of sugar together.
- How to store: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- How to reheat: Reheat roasted carrots in the air fryer or oven at 300F for 3-5 minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat on the stove over medium heat until warmed through.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What kind of air fryer do you use?
I use and love my Cosori air fryer for all my air fryer recipes. You can also use a toaster oven-style air fryer which cooks a little faster so reduce the heat to 350F and air fry for 8 to 10 minutes.
Can I make these oil free?
Yes! The texture will change a bit and the seasoning won’t stick to the fries as much, but they’ll still taste good. Another alternative is to spray the carrots with cooking spray prior to cooking, to reduce the amount of oil used.
Why are my carrot fries soggy in the air fryer?
Overcrowding the fryer basket and undercooking them can make these fries soggy. This recipe makes 2 servings, and this should work for most air fryers without issue.
If you want to make more, though, you’ll need to cook these in batches. When everything is cooked, you can add everything back in the air fryer basket for another minute or so to re-heat, just prior to serving.
Always, cut your carrots into smaller/ thinner fries and cook longer to crisp up, if needed.
What temperature and time for air fryer carrot fries?
I cooked these at 380 F until crispy, which was about 18 minutes.
How to bake carrot fries:
Pre-heat oven to 425F degrees. Line a large sheet pan with foil and arrange seasoned carrot sticks in a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning them half way through.