This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you love the combination of chocolate and biscuits, this recipe is for you! This Lazy Cake, also known as No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake, takes only 10 minutes to whip up. No oven, no mixer, minimum effort, which makes it perfect to get your kids involved.
What is Lazy Cake?
A lazy cake is a no bake chocolate biscuit cake that requires minimal effort to prepare, which is where the “lazy” name came from. You don’t even need a pan, some roll the mixture into a log in parchment paper or aluminum foil and place it in the freezer to shape. If you’d rather use a pan like I’ve done in the pictures, I used a cheesecake springform pan.
Lazy Cake Recipe
This easy no bake chocolate biscuit cake is a childhood indulgence that I always requested for my birthday. Growing up we called it “Choco Prince Cake”, I’m not sure where the name came from though.
This Marie Chocolate Biscuit Cake Recipe is the simplest, no bake cake that you will ever make. All you need is 4 simple ingredients, and you’ll have
Fair warning though. Once you learn how to make this lazy cake, you’re pretty much going to want to make it all the time. 🙂
(Works for me, though!)
Lazy Cake Ingredients:
Made with just 4 simple ingredients and taking less than 15 minutes to make, this super easy no-bake fridge cake is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter: Straight from the fridge is fine, you will be melting in on the stove top.
- Condensed milk: Is already sweet, so no extra sugar is needed.
- Cocoa powder: A good quality unsweetened cocoa is helpful.
- Plain biscuits: I use Goya Maria cookies brand, but any plain tea biscuits will work fine.
How to Make Lazy Cake:
(Full recipe with quantities in recipe card below)
- Break 1 pack of plain biscuits into small pieces by hand (each individual round biscuit into 4 pieces) in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet o over medium- low heat, add butter and let it melt completely.
- Then add condensed milk and cocoa and mix very well for about 3 minutes or until the cocoa is incorporated completely.
- Remove from heat and fold in the broken biscuits until every piece of biscuit is covered with chocolate using a large spoon.
- Pour the chocolate coated biscuit into a cheese cake pan (that’s what I used), 9 inch cake bundt pan or a jello mold if you have one available.
- Press the mixture down really well with the back of a spoon.
- Cover with foil and chill in the freezer for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Take it out at 20 minutes before serving and flip into a serving plate.
- Serve yourself up a slice, and enjoy every last bite. 🙂
Unlike most cakes, where it’s usually served at room temperature, this no bake chocolate biscuit cake is supposed to be served chilled.
How to Store Lazy Cake:
Lazy cake leftover needs to always be stored in the freezer so that the biscuits stay crunchy. I usually wrap the leftovers with aluminum foil and stick it back in the freezer. Then I take it out 20 minutes before serving.