Coconut Date Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ingredients you’ll Need to Make Coconut Date Bars
- Dates (I use Majdool)
- Plain biscuits
- Butter or margarine
- Pecans or walnuts
- Unsweetened shredded coconuts
How to Make these Coconut Date Bars
(Here is a step by step with pictures, check card below for exact measurements.)
Making coconut date bars couldn’t be simpler. you’ll cook the dates with little butter until soft, mix in pecans and biscuits, add them to a baking pan, sprinkle with coconuts and place in the fridge or freezer. That’s literally it – there’s no baking required either! You’ll only need 15 minutes of spare time to prep this recipe.
- To begin making coconut date bars, start by lining a baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. I used an 9×9-inch dish.
- crush your plain biscuits by hand into small pieces and set aside.
- Pit dates, place in a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add dates. Cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat or until soft mixing consistently. (The dates will still be coarse but much softer).
- Remove from heat and add chopped pecans, mix well.
- Add crushed biscuits and mix some more until all the ingredients are incorporated. Let the mixture cool enough to handle. Then mix further with hands (if needed).
- Transfer mixture to the prepared paper-lined baking pan and pack down using the back of a measuring cup.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconuts evenly on top and lightly press down.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before cutting or in the freezer for half an hour.
- Remove the coconut date from the pan using the edges of the parchment paper.
- Place it on a cutting board.
- Cut into equal size bars with a sharp knife. Store these healthy bars in an airtight container.
More No Bake Desserts?
If you like this no bake Coconut Date Bars recipe or any other recipe on The Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow and tag me on my Instagram page!