Date Roll Cookies
Using dates in desserts is always a good idea. I love to make these date roll cookies because they are fun to prepare! I prefer to use date paste, which can be found at your local middle eastern store, because it saves so much time. You can also use whole pitted dates by mixing them in a food processor with 1 table-spoon of butter to form a thick paste.
- Table cream ( 7.6 oz)
- 1 cup unsalted butter – melted
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pound date paste (you might not need it all)
To make the dough:
- In a large bowl add melted butter, sugar, flour and table cream.
- Mix well with your hand until all the ingredients are blended together.
- Form the mixture into a firm ball-shaped dough and set aside.
To prepare the filling:
- Take about 1 tsp date and make it into a small roll. Repeat the process for all the date paste. Set aside.
- On your counter top, sprinkle some flour and roll the dough until thin ( ~ 1/2 an inch thick).
- Use a 3 inch diameter circle cutter to cut out the dough into circles ( I use a small measuring cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F
- Add the already rolled date paste into the center of each circle and roll them into a cylinder
- Place the date rolls on a large baking tray sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake for 12 -15 mins.
- Allow to cool then serve and enjoy! 🙂
For more delicious cookies, check out this recipe!