Beef Stew with Lima Beans
Beef stew with lima beans is a dish that is very easy prepare. I use frozen baby lima beans in this recipe because they cook quickly and taste great with tomato sauce and beef stew. Frozen lima bean bags can be found at your local grocery store.
Preparing beef stew is easy, but can be time-consuming if you want the beef to come out tender. I boil the beef stew for about one hour.
- 1/2 pound beef stew
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pound frozen lima beans bag
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cups water
- 1 large onion – sliced thinly
- 4 garlic gloves – diced or cut into thin pieces
- In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and the stewing beef. Cook for 5 minutes, string frequently to ensure all sides are cooked.
- Add 6 cups of water and 1 cinnamon stick, reduce heat to low and cover the pot. Let it cook for 1 hour or until beef is tender. Set aside and reserve beef broth.
- In another large pot on medium heat add 1 tbsp vegetable oil, onions and garlic. Cook until golden brown (around 10 mins).
- Add lima beans and the cooked beef stew pieces and mix well.
- Pour about 5 cups of beef broth.
- Add 3 tbsp tomato paste.
- Decrease heat to low and let it cook for another 35 mins.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!