Beef Stew with peas and carrots ( Bazella W Riz)
This Lebanese beef stew with peas and carrots is one of our family’s favorite meals, especially when its cold outside. To get the beef cooked nice and tender, I like to take about 25 minutes to let it cook with the spices on very low heat. It is also best enjoyed with rice on the side.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp all spice
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ pound thin steaks, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 large potato, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 6 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into small pieces or blended
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 frozen peas bags (2 LB)
- In a cooking pot on a very low heat, add vegetable oil, meat, salt and the spices, let it cook for 25 mins.
- Increase to medium heat, add water, tomato paste and garlic stir.
- Add carrots, stir and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Add peas and potatoes, stir, and let it cook for another 10 mins.
- Add tomato, stir and let it simmer on low heat for another 25 mins or until vegetables are fully cooked.
- Serve with rice and enjoy! 🙂