Lebanese Beef and Green Bean Stew
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Lebanese Beef and Green Bean Stew is one of the many traditional Lebanese stews that you are going to LOVE! Perfectly spiced beef chunks with tender green beans, onions and garlic, all braised in a hearty tomato sauce. It’s comfort food heaven!
Lebanese Green Bean Stew
This Lebanese Beef and Green Bean Stew is a classic dinner staple in Lebanese cuisine- A perfect comforting fall or winter stew, but can also be enjoyed just as much in the summer time, especially if you grow your own green beans and tomatoes!
If you love green beans, this Middle Eastern stew recipe should be right up your alley.
Ingredients for Lebanese Beef and Green Bean Stew
(Scroll below for full recipe)
Sirloin steak tips
Fresh or frozen green beans
How To Make Beef Stew
- In a medium sized pot, over medium heat, heat the oil, then add the onions, garlic and salt; cook until the onions are wilted but not browned- for about 10 minutes.
- Add the beef, salt and spices. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to ensure all sides of beef and are cooked. Searing the beef pieces before you add water makes such a difference in the flavor.
- Add water, bring mixture to boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until beef is very tender.
- Add frozen or fresh green beans, cover the pot and simmer for additional 10-15 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Turn heat up to medium high and bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium low and simmer for additional 10-15 minutes or until tomato sauce thickens.
- Serve hot over rice and enjoy!
What kind of meat is used for Lebanese beef and green bean stew?
You’ll want a type of beef that is tender and will cook quickly. I use sirloin beef tips in this recipe. Beef tips are typically tender pieces of meat cut from larger roasts such as sirloin tenderloin. I sometimes buy a sirloin steak and cut it into bite size pieces, if I can’t find it pre cut. You’ll want to avoid tougher cuts of meat such as chuck or beef stew cubes, although you can still use it especially if you own a pressure cooker. Just keep in mind that it will take longer to cook.
HOW LONG DOES GREEN BEAN STEW KEEP?
This stew will keep in the refrigerator for up to five days, when stored in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Beef Stew with Green Beans?
Yes, you can absolutely freeze beef stew! I like to freeze it in freezer bags in single servings portions so I can take one portion out for lunches (or four out for dinner)! Defrost overnight in the refrigerator or you can defrost in the microwave (time will vary based on portion size) stirring occasionally.
What To Serve With Green Bean and Beef Stew:
Beef stew is super perfect on it’s own; it is a complete meal!
In Lebanese cuisine, all stews are usually served over Lebanese rice.