This post may contain affiliate links.
Who can say no to a homemade Chocolate Cake? Especially if it’s moist, rich with intense chocolate flavor, yet light in texture. This Chocolate Cake is covered with a delicious frosting glaze that can be made in less than 10 minutes!
This Moist Chocolate Cake recipe is every chocolate lover’s dream! Just grab a scoop of ice cream and you’re all set!
Ingredients for the Best Homemade Chocolate Cake:
- All Purpose Flour
- Eggs: Bring to room temperature
- Hot Water
- Instant Coffee: It will not make the cake taste like coffee, it just helps enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Cocoa Powder: Use unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe.
- Vegetable Oil
- Sour Cream: or yogurt
- Buttermilk: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, read the notes section to make a simple buttermilk substitute!
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Powder
The Glaze for this Chocolate Cake Recipe:
This recipe will make enough chocolate glaze to drizzle over the chocolate Bundt cake, plus more to top each piece! YUM.
This glaze is versatile, can be used for your different baked goods! It is the one I use in my No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake!
I mean, just look at this!
Tips to Making the best Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- Make sure you preheat your oven before starting.
- Generously grease your Bundt pan with baking spray. If you don’t have baking spray on hand, use the butter/flour method. Last thing you want is a cake the sticks to the pan.
- Let cake cool COMPLETELY before adding the frosting glaze.
- Frosting glaze, should be hot when drizzled over the cake.
- Don’t over-mix after adding the dry ingredients OR over-bake. This chocolate cake needs about 45-50 minutes in the oven, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- The cake batter is a little runny and thin and that’s what helps with the final moist texture. Don’t be tempted to add more flour.