Who can say no to chocolate cake? I made this chocolate cake for my husband’s birthday last month and it was a hit. The secret ingredient that makes it so moist is yogurt. You can also replace yogurt with sour cream.
The frosting is really good ! I always make extra to add to each piece when serving.
Ingredients for cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
Ingredients for frosting:
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Coat a 10-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients well: flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa.
- In your food processor, beat eggs with vanilla extract until blended.
- Add sugar and continue beating until fluffy.
- Add oil and yogurt and continue beating.
- Now gradually add the dry ingredients over the already mixed batter and beat until smooth.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake until a tooth-pick inserted in the center comes out with only a few crumbs clinging to it, about 55 minutes.
- Cool pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto a serving plate and let cool.
To make the frosting:
- In a pan melt one stick of butter, add one can condensed milk and 3-4 tbsp of Cocoa (depending on how dark you prefer)
- Mix it all together on low heat.
- Pour some of this chocolate frosting over the cake while it is still hot.
- Also check out my orange cake recipe!