Condensed Milk Chocolate Cake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Who can say no to a homemade Chocolate Cake? Especially if it’s moist, rich with intense chocolate flavor, yet light in texture. This Condensed Milk Chocolate Cake is covered with a delicious condensed milk chocolate frosting glaze, that can be made in less than 10 minutes!
Condensed Milk Chocolate Cake
This Moist Chocolate Cake recipe is every chocolate lover’s dream! Just grab a scoop of ice cream and you’re all set!
This condensed milk chocolate cake starts with a simple homemade chocolate cake batter baked to tender perfection and then topped with a simple sweetened condensed milk and cocoa sauce.
Ingredients for Condensed Milk Chocolate Cake:
All Purpose Flour
Eggs: Bring to room temperature
Instant Coffee: It will not make the cake taste like coffee, it just helps enhance the chocolate flavor.
Cocoa Powder: Use unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: the magical ingredient behind so many delicious desserts.
Sour Cream: or yogurt
Buttermilk: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, read the notes section to make a simple buttermilk substitute!
The Condensed Milk Frosting for this Chocolate Cake Recipe:
This recipe will make enough chocolate glaze to drizzle over the chocolate Bundt cake, plus more to top each piece! YUM.
This glaze is versatile, can be used for your different baked goods! It is the one I use in my No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake!
Pro Tip: After the chocolate cake is done baking and while it’s still warm, using a wooden pick, poke holes all over the top. This will allow the condensed milk glaze to seep into the holes and make it insanely moist.
I mean, just look at this! A decadent cake soaks up chocolate condensed milk glaze for a moist and rich dessert that everyone goes crazy for!
*If you do not have buttermilk, then substitute it by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup full fat milk. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes before using it in place of the buttermilk.
Tips for Making the Best Chocolate Cake with Condensed Milk Recipe:
- Make sure you preheat your oven before starting.
- Generously grease your Bundt pan with baking spray. If you don’t have baking spray on hand, use the butter/flour method. Last thing you want is a cake the sticks to the pan.
- Let cake cool COMPLETELY before adding the frosting glaze.
- Frosting glaze, should be hot when drizzled over the cake.
- Don’t over-mix after adding the dry ingredients OR over-bake. This chocolate cake needs about 45-50 minutes in the oven, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- The cake batter is a little runny and thin and that’s what helps with the final moist texture. Don’t be tempted to add more flour.
More Easy Cake Recipes:
Banana Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
Pumpkin Cake Roll
Orange Bundt Cake
One thing I love about this cake is that it’s better if it sits overnight. That means it’s easy to make ahead of time and perfect for potlucks, parties, and dinners.