This post may contain affiliate links.
This is my perfectly moist, rich, and flavorful Carrot Cake, topped with a delicious, tangy cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake was not something I grew up eating, so it wasn’t until recently that I discovered my new love for this cake! Thanks to this easy recipe, the whole family fell in love!
Let’s Make it!
- Whisk the dry ingredients except sugar in one a bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients plus sugar with an electric mixer.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients .
- Fold in grated carrots.
- Pour batter into two prepared 9×13 inch cake pan.
- Make cream cheese frosting.
- Let the cakes cool down.
- Assemble and frost.
- Try not to be sad when the last piece is gone!
Tips for Making a Moist Carrot Cake
The most important tip for making this carrot cake recipe is to grate your own carrots. Do not buy packaged, pre-shredded carrots from the grocery store, as pre- shredded carrots tend to be dry and hard. For this recipe I used two cups of shredded carrots which was about 2-3 large whole carrots.