This post may contain affiliate links.
These Holiday Brownies are super fudgy, Christmas tree shapes, topped with sweet green/red icing, festive M&Ms and sprinkles. Holiday Brownies are the ultimate holiday dessert- Kids and adults alike will love these Christmas brownies!
Brownies are one of my favorite desserts! Easy to make, easy to serve and kids love them. These brownies are super fudgy, soft on the inside and crispy on the outside with a rich chocolate flavor. For decorating, I used store bought icing, but you can make your own icing if you’d like.
What you’ll Need to Make Xmas Brownies:
(Scroll to the end of this post to get the exact measurements and a printable option.)
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter melted
- Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Christmas sprinkles
- Green icing
- Red icing
- Christmas M&Ms
- paper straw sticks
How to Make Holiday Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a metal 9×9 pan with parchment paper allowing some to hang over edges of pan, grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk in eggs by hand, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk for about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and whisk in until smooth, for about 30 seconds.
Pour melted butter.
Whisk in melted chocolate until well combined.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir using a rubber spoon, just until combined.
Add Chocolate chips and give it a one extra stir.
Pour into prepared pan and smooth out.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Let cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Remove the brownies from the pan, and cut into triangles: start by cutting into three equal rows. Then cut in alternating diagonals. Cut each row into 4 triangles. Set aside leftover pieces for snacking.
Starting at the top of the brownie triangles, gently squeeze out the icing in a curvy zigzag as you go down the tree. Alternate between red and green icing.
Add your favorite sprinkles and a few M&M’s.
Tips for Baking the Best Holiday Brownies
- Do not over mix your brownie batter after adding the flour.
- Do not over bake them either. Mine were done at exactly 25 minutes in a 9×9-inch pan. Each oven is different. But remember, they will continue to bake slightly in the hot pan once pulled out of the oven.
- Line your baking pan with greased parchment paper so you can easily pull them out of the pan.
- Let your Brownies rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour before cutting.
Looking for More Holiday Dessert Ideas, Here are Some!
If you like this Holiday Brownies recipe or any other recipe on The Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow and tag me #thesaltandsweetkitchen on my Instagram page!