Melting Moments Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Melting Moments Cookies- Exactly as the name implies. Delicious fluffy butter cookies that melt in your mouth. If you are looking for an alternative to cookie-cutter-cookies, try making Melting Moments- they’re easy to prepare and make a great holiday treat!
Melting Moments Cookies- Melting Moments Biscuits
Melting Moments, also known as cornstarch cookies– are unleavened cookies made with simple ingredients you probably already have at home. The prefect melt-in-your-mouth cookies recipe. Trust me, you won’t be able to stop at just one cookie!
In this butter cookie recipe with cornstarch, each pair of melting moments cookies are glued together with a drop of honey. This step is optional, but I love the way they look when bonded together- my boys call them snowman cookies.
These Melting Moments cookies bring back memories, because they were one my favorite holiday sweets growing up . They are known as “Fakhouri” in Arabic. My mom would make them around the holidays.
Ingredients To Make Melting Moments:
You’ll ONLY need 7 ingredients to make these butter cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with exact quantities.
Unsalted butter: You’ll want the butter to be completely melted but cooled down a little. Add to a microwave-safe bowl and heat until the butter is melted. Let cool for 5 minutes before using.
Powdered sugar: instead of granulated sugar makes for a more smooth and soft cookie.
Cornstarch or corn flour: The magic ingredient and what gives these cookies the melt-in-your-mouth texture.
All purpose flour
Egg: 1 egg.
How to Make Melting Moments cookies:
- Whisk the eggs with vanilla extract
- Add and cream in the melted Butter
- Add powdered sugar, flour and cornstarch, baking powder and mix.
- Mix well until the dough no longer sticks to your hands.
- Roll the dough into small 0.5 oz balls (they are tiny!)
- Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
TIP: Before baking, you can top the cookies with a few of your desired sprinkles, making these perfect for any festive season!
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges just begin to slightly brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Glue each pair of cookies with a drop of honey if you like, and place them on serving plate.
Why You’ll Love these Melting Moments:
- A Perfect Cookie! I mean who would say no to melt in your mouth cookies!?
- Super Easy! These cookies are super easy to bring together—just mix, form, bake and eat!
- Kid-Friendly! Kiddos are going to love these delicious little cookies! I always let my kids help shape these cookies into balls before baking.
TOOLS USED FOR THIS RECIPE
Here are a few useful tools I used to make these corn starch cookies-
Here are a few handy tools I used to make these cookies. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Corn Starch Cookies Storage:
Melting moments are best stored at room temperature in an air tight container. They’ll be good for up to 1 week.
Freezing Melting Moments Cookie:
Yes, you can freeze these melting moments biscuits. Place in an airtight container or a freezer storage bag. They’ll store well in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight at room temperature before eating.