Oat and Grain Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
These Oat and Grain Bars are basically the homemade heathier version of your favorite store bought granola bars. Oat and grain bars are a perfect portable morning or afternoon snack- great for lunch boxes, road trips, or outdoor picnics!
What I love the most about this recipe is that I always have the ingredients available in my pantry. These granola bars are also versatile, with tons of options to add any other ingredient that you’d like! It took me a few tries to get the recipe right, the third was a charm! They came out super soft, yummy and chewy.
Oat and Grain Bars Recipe Ingredients
You need these basic ingredients to make this homemade granola bars recipe:
- Peanut butter
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Rice cereal
- Vanilla extract
- Roasted almonds
- Roasted sunflower seeds
- Mini chocolate chips
How to Make Oat and Grain Bars
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the butter, brown sugar, and honey.
- Remover from heat and add the peanut butter, vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Mix until everything is coated.
- Add the oats, rice cereal, raisins, almonds and sunflower seeds, and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 baking pan, and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle in the mini chocolate chips.
- Set in the fridge for a at least 1 hour before slicing into bars.
Did you make this recipe?