- Lightly coat a 9- inch springform pan with nonstick spray and line it with a rounded parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the crackers into fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a medium size bowl, pour melted butter and mix well.
- Evenly spread the crumb mixture to the prepared springform pan, then press with your hands or a flat-bottomed measuring cup.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until very smooth.
- Add the whipped cream and sugar and beat some more until well combined.
- Scrape the filling onto the cracker crust and spread into an even and smooth layer.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and stick it in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until filling is firm.
Cheesecake Jello Topping:
- Use half of the water that you are instructed to use on the jello recipe box. For this recipe you need two small packs of jello. So, add 1 boiling cup of water to 2 small jello packs, mix well until jello is dissolved. Add 1 cup of cold water and mix some more.
- Pour jello mixture into the chilled cheese cake filling.
- Stick it in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until jello is nice and firm.
- Loosen the chilled cheesecake from the rim of the springform pan, then remove the rim. With a spatula, lift the cheesecake off and transfer to a serving plate carefully. Or just serve on the springform plate if that is easier for you.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE JELO CHEESECAKE?
You can store the cheesecake whole or in slices. Cover tightly loosely with plastic wrap or store in pieces in an airtight container, place in the fridge and it will keep well 5-7 days.
FOR MORE DESSERT INSPIRATIONS, BE SURE TO TRY:
I’ve updated this recipe with new pictures, here is the original picture.