This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You’ll love this NO Bake Jello Cheesecake made with creamy filling and graham cracker crust, then topped with a layer of tangy strawberry jello. Shout out to all the no bake cheesecake fans!
Ingredients to Make Homemade Jello Cheesecake:
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups crushed graham crackers or Digestive crackers
2 teaspoons sugar
1 8-ounce cream cheese bar, softened
1 8 oz cool whip
2 17 g pack jello- strawberry
1 cup water, boiling
1 cup water, cold
JELLO NO BAKE CHEESECAKE RECIPE- IT’S SO EASY!
CRUST. Start by making the crust. I love to use these Digestive wheat biscuits to make the crust– I find mine at Walmart, but you can also use a Graham cracker as a substitute. You mix the biscuit (or Graham cracker) crumbs with melted butter, then press it into a springform pan. Let it chill while you prepare the filling.
FILLING. To make the filling, beat together cream cheese, sugar and whipped cream until it’s soft with no lumps. Make sure to use full-fat, brick-style cream cheese for this recipe. Then spoon the mixture into the pan, smooth the top and then pop the cheesecake in the fridge to chill . It will need to chill for at least 1 hours or until firm before adding the top layer of jello.
JELLO TOPPING. Do not follow the preparation instructions on the jello package. Instead, use half of the water that you are instructed to use on the jello recipe box, to get a firm and easy to slice top layer.
ASSEMBLE. After the filling is chilled and firm, slowly pour the jello mixture on top and pop back in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours or until jello is firm.
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe Variations:
You can easily make this jello cheesecake with other varieties of jello too. My favorites are strawberry and cherry or a mix of both. So I would mix one package of cherry jello and a package of strawberry jello together.
You can also use lemon jello or your favorite jello flavor. Try to also make cheesecake in a jar, if you’re looking for single serving cheesecake.
This simple cheesecake recipe is sure to become a family favorite. It’s so easy to make, quick and delicious – just like my No-Bake Cream Pie and No-Bake Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake. And if you’re a cheesecake lover, try this Ube Cheesecake.
Step By Step To Make NO Bake Jello Cheesecake:
(Scroll down to recipe card for the exact quantities and a pintable option.
- Lightly coat a 9- inch springform pan with nonstick spray and line it with a rounded parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, pulse the crackers into fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a medium size bowl, pour melted butter and mix well.
- Evenly spread the crumb mixture to the prepared springform pan, then press with your hands or a flat-bottomed measuring cup.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until very smooth.
- Add the whipped cream and sugar and beat some more until well combined.
- Scrape the filling onto the cracker crust and spread into an even and smooth layer.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and stick it in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until filling is firm.
Cheesecake Jello Topping:
- Use half of the water that you are instructed to use on the jello recipe box. For this recipe you need two small packs of jello. So, add 1 boiling cup of water to 2 small jello packs, mix well until jello is dissolved. Add 1 cup of cold water and mix some more.
- Pour jello mixture into the chilled cheesecake filling.
- Stick it in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until jello is nice and firm.
TO SERVE No-Bake Jello Cheesecake:
- Loosen the chilled cheesecake from the rim of the springform pan, then remove the rim. With a spatula, lift the cheesecake off and transfer to a serving plate carefully. Or just serve on the springform plate if that is easier for you.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE JELLO CHEESECAKE?
JUST in case you have leftovers, you can store the no bake cheesecake whole or in slices. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or store in pieces in an airtight container, place in the fridge and it will keep well 5-7 days.
You can also make this a day AHEAD OF TIME for holidays and special occasions.
FOR MORE DESSERT INSPIRATIONS, BE SURE TO TRY:
If you like this No Bake Jello Cheesecake recipe or any other recipe on Salt and Sweet, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow and tag me on my Instagram page.