This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Caprese Asparagus Salad is light, refreshing, and bursting with flavor. It’s so simple to prepare and can be made in less than 20 minutes! It makes the perfect vegetarian side dish. Gluten-free, Keto friendly and low carb!
Caprese Asparagus Salad
Here’s one of my all time favorite asparagus recipes, along with Air-Fried Asparagus and Asparagus Salad. If you are looking for a delicious, quick, low carb side dish to make, Caprese Asparagus Salad topped with Mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a balsamic glaze is definitely the answer!
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Roast Asparagus?
Roasting these green stalks couldn’t be any easier.
- Prep: Rinse the spears under cool water to remove any grit and dry by gently rolling them in a kitchen towel. Cut/snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and toss away. Arrange the asparagus stalks on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Season: Toss your prepared asparagus with a light drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Bake: Bake at 400 degrees until fork tender. The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of your asparagus. Thin asparagus, like the kind I used here, was done in 15 minutes. Thicker asparagus will need between 15 to 20 minutes.
How to Make this Easy Asparagus Salad:
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking pan with parchment paper. Grease with spray.
- Arrange the asparagus on one side of the baking sheet in a row on one side of the baking pan and the cherry tomatoes in a row on the other side of the pan.
- Drizzle the top of the asparagus and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the asparagus with the shredded Mozzarella cheese. Place back in the oven and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the asparagus on a serving plate. Top the asparagus with tomatoes. I arrange the tomatoes to cover the melted cheese.
- Add a coat of fresh basil over the tomatoes and drizzle with balsamic glaze on top.
What to serve with Caprese Asparagus Salad:
If you make this Simple Asparagus Salad or any other recipe on the Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate it, and leave a comment below 🙂