This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Golden and crispy on top, tender and flaky at the center with a buttery lemon garlic sauce. This Pan Seared Salmon with Garlic Butter is one of my go-to recipes when I have to hit the kitchen running. It is perfectly cooked and takes only 15 minutes from start to finish! De-LICIOUS!
Pan Seared Salmon with Garlic Butter
This Pan Seared Salmon is one of the easiest salmon dishes to make at home, even for the most novice of home cooks, and it impresses every time!
It makes a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day, date night and special occasions.
The butter garlic makes this salmon recipe extremely tender, moist and packed full of flavor.
What you’ll Need to Make Pan Seared Garlic Butter Salmon:
The ingredients are simple.
Salt and pepper
Tips for Making the Best Garlic Butter Pan Seared Salmon:
- Pick the right size fillets so the salmon cooks evenly. Mine were about 6-oz per fillet.
- Bring the salmon to room temperature. Let your salmon filets rest out on the counter for 15-30 minutes, until they come to room temperature. This will also help with even cooking.
- Pat Dry the salmon. Always pat dry the fillets with paper towels before seasoning.
- Heat the oil. The oil needs to be super hot before adding the salmon fillets.
- Do not disturb the fillets while searing. Especially the first 4 minutes of cooking.
- Do not over cook the salmon. They will need about 4 minutes on each side. A good way to test for doneness is by inserting a fork or knife in the salmon and twisting it a bit; if it flake easily, it’s done.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS SALMON RECIPE?
Salmon is best served with a healthy side dish such as asparagus. Here are a few different ideas:
How to Store Pan Seared Salmon:
Store cooked salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave for one minute before serving. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
Stay connected! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post.
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM| EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the The Salt and Sweet Kitchen. If you would like to check it out, join HERE.