This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Salmon Kabobs are what summer grilling is all about. They’re healthy, easy to make, topped with a zesty lemon marinade and packed with vibrant Mediterranean flavors!
Rainbow Salmon Kabobs
These grilled salmon skewers will take less than 20 minutes to make and you end up with moist, flaky and colorful grilled salmon bites. They are seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper, then grilled to perfection.
I am a huge salmon fan so this recipe was right up my wheelhouse when making it.
This salmon Shish kebab recipe is so versatile, too, it can be either broiled in the oven, cooked on stove top or grilled on an indoor or outdoor grill.
Ingredients for Salmon Kabobs:
Super satisfying Salmon Kebabs made with bright colorful bell peppers, red onion, bell pepper and the most delicious flavor packed, marinated salmon chunks. After soaking up the seasoning of the marinade they’re perfectly grilled for a light char to get that final flavor enhancement. Here’s a list of what you’ll need.
( Exact measurements at the end of this post)
- Salmon fillets- cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- Bell Pepper- I used 3 colors, but you can pick your favorite
- Red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Marinade- A mix of lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper
You’ll also need:
How to Make Salmon Kabobs:
These salmon skewers are super simple to prepare. Once you have your skewers soaked in water, this recipe will be on your table in less than 20 minutes.
- Cut the salmon into chucks: I like to cut the salmon into 1.5 inches cubes, rather than smaller chunks. If you cut the fish too small, the onions and peppers won’t have a chance to cook before the fish is overdone. Salmon cooks quick!
- Cut the peppers and red onions into similar size pieces as the salmon.
- Prepare the marinade: In a small bowl add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Thread salmon and veggies through prepared skewers (if you’re using wooden or bamboo skewers, you need to have soaked those in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour before use.)
- Brush the salmon skewers both sides thoroughly with the prepare marinade, sprinkle with extra salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Arrange salmon Kabobs on medium preheated grill (350 F- 375 F), cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once half way through, or until the salmon is cooked through and the pepper and onion are softened. Be on the look out, salmon cooks quick!
You’ll love these Salmon Kabobs:
These rainbow salmon skewers fit into just about every healthy diet plan:
- Low Calorie
- Low Carb
- Gluten Free
- whole 30 compliant
- & Delicious
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I cook salmon kabobs indoors?
These Mediterranean salmon skewers can be made indoors on the stove top or in the oven if the weather is not agreeing with you, or you do not have access to an outdoor grill. There are a couple ways to cook these salmon kabobs indoors
- Broiled in oven: Preheat broiler on high and place the top rack. Arrange the salmon skewers on a baking sheet and broil for about 8-10 minutes, turning half way through.
- On stove top (griddle or grill pan): Heat a grill pan on the stove to high heat and place the kabobs on rotating so all sides get a good char. They will also take 3-4 minutes of cooking on each side.
What kind of fish is best for skewers?
It’s important to choose sturdy, meaty fish for skewers. You want thick filets so you can cut nice big chunks, and a firm texture that won’t fall apart or flake when cooked; such as: Tuna, swordfish, halibut, grouper and salmon.
How can you tell if salmon is done cooking?
Cooked salmon will turn a pink opaque color and easily flack along the white lines when finished. You can use fork to test to flakiness.
Do I leave skin on salmon?
Yes, I leave the skin on and discard after cooking. Salmon skin works as a protective barrier between the delicate flesh and a hot grill, pan or baking sheet.
How Long will Grilled Salmon Keep in the Fridge?
These salmon kabobs can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days in the fridge. I like to add it my Quinoa Hummus Bowl the second day.
What to Serve with Salmon Skewers?
These grilled salmon kabobs are made with marinated salmon chunks and colorful vegetables, all threaded onto skewers and cooked to perfection. An easy dinner that can also be baked in the oven!
If you make this Salmon Kabobs Recipe, then don’t forget to snap a photo and hashtag it #thesaltandsweet — I would love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook!