This post may contain affiliate links.
Salmon Kabobs are delicious, healthy and so easy to make! These salmon skewers are so versatile, too, they can be either baked or grilled. But since we’re running out of nice summer weather, I’m going with the grill.
These Salmon Skewers will take less than 30 minutes to make and you end up with moist, flaky and colorful salmon chunks. They are seasoned with lemon juice, spices, some olive oil and then grilled to perfection.
Ingredients for Salmon Kabobs:
1 lb salmon fillets, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
16 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
1 green bell pepper
1/4 large red onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Ingredients for Marinade:
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 tbs fresh lemon juice
How to Make Grilled Salmon Skewers:
- Soak bamboo skewers for at least 1 hour to prevent them from catching fire.
- Preheat Grill to medium heat (about 350-375 F) and grease with non-stick grilling spray.
- In a small bowl add lemon juice and olive oil and mix well.
- Cut the salmon into 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Cut the pepper and the red onion into similar sized chunks.
- Skewer the salmon chunks, green pepper pieces and onion pieces into your skewers alternately. (I started with 2 pieces of onions, 2 pieces of pepper and then a salmon. Leave some room on both ends.
- Brush the skewers both sides thoroughly with the lemon and olive oil mixture, sprinkle with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place on preheated grill, turning once, until the salmon is cooked through and the pepper and onion are softened. This will take between 8-10 minutes! Be on the look out, salmon cooks quick!
- Enjoy with your favorite salad.