What is Kafta Kabob?
Kafta Kabob (or Kofta) is a Lebanese kebob made with a mix of spiced ground beef, parsley and onions, threaded onto skewers and cooked to perfection. Kafta is a very popular Middle Eastern dish.
Kafta Kabob is an easy and quick dinner that can be baked in the oven or cooked in a skillet pan on top of the stove. Mince your parsley and onion using a food processor or by hand, blend it with ground beef, salt and spices, that’s it! Kafta can be prepared ahead of time and stored raw in the freezer for future use- for up to 2 months.
There is nothing more satisfying than a delicious meal that’s also super easy to prepare. If you have kids, you will know exactly what I mean. One kid likes this, and the other likes that and the battle doesn’t end. That’s why I love making these kafta kabobs, they make everyone happy with little effort.
- 1 lb of ground beef (5% fat)
- 1 large onions- diced
- 1 parsley bunch- stems removed (about 1.5 cups parsley leaves)
- 1 tbsp All Spice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp o salt (or to taste)
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In your food processor, add parsley, onion, salt and pulse until finely minced.
- In a large bowl, add beef, spices, and the minced onions and parsley mixture – Mix by hand until incorporated.
- Take a small handful of the mixture, and mold it around the wooden skewer. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Pre heat the grill to 350° F.
- Spray your grill with grilling/cooking spray, and place on the grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with Hummus as a side, and you will have a delicious, low-carb meal !