Now that the weather is finally starting to brighten up and grilling season is here, I wanted to share my Kafta Kabob recipe, which my family and I enjoy in the summer days. Kafta Kabob can also be just as enjoyable either baked in the oven or even cooked in a skillet pan on top of the stove.
Kafta is a mix of spiced ground beef, parsley and onions. Preparing Kafta is very easy, all you need to do is mince the parsley and onion using a food processor or by hand and mix it very well with the spiced beef.
I usually make a bunch and freeze some for future use.
Prep Time: 20 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Yield: 10 skewers
- 1 lb of ground beef (5% fat)
- 2 large onions
- 1 parsley bunch (with stems removed)
- 2 tbsp All Spice
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp o salt (or to taste)
- Cooking spray
- Add parsley and onion to a food processor and mix very well until finely minced.
- In a large bowl, add meat, spices, and the already minced onions and parsley – Mix until incorporated.
- Take a small handful of the mixture, and form into an oblong shape. Repeat for the rest of the mixture.
- Thread the skewer through the oblong shaped kafta and place on a tray.
- Once you’ve done them all – place in the fridge for 30 minutes. This step will avoid the kabobs from falling apart.
- Heat the grill to 350° F.
- Spray your kebabs with cooking spray, and place on the grill for 10 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Add Hummus as a side, and you will have a delicious, low-carb meal !