Avocado Hummus Recipe
This Avocado Hummus Recipe is quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and I think that it tastes even better than the traditional Hummus Recipe. In the end, there is nothing you cannot improve by throwing in an avocado.
Avocado Hummus Recipe uses the same main ingredients that make up traditional hummus like tahini, lemon juice, and garlic . The avocado just adds extra flavor and smoothness.
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados , cored and peeled
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 1 large lemon- squeezed (about 4 tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic , peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil for serving
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- paprika powder for serving- optional
- Rinse canned chickpeas under cool, running water.
- Reserve about 10 whole chickpeas in a small bowl, for decorating later.
- In your food processor, pulse washed chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt and garlic until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the food processor with a spoon and add avocados, then pulse a little bit more, until smooth and creamy- about 1-2 minutes.
- If your hummus is too thick, blend 1-2 extra tablespoons of cold water into your hummus until reaching your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning: Extra pinch of salt or a little extra lemon juice.
- Transfer avocado hummus to a serving plate.
- Decorate with reserved whole chickpeas.
- Serve topped with drizzle of olive oil and a light sprinkle of paprika powder.
You can find my traditional Hummus recipe here!