Avocado Hummus Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Avocado Hummus Recipe is quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy and to me, I think that it tastes even better than the traditional Hummus Recipe. In the end, there is nothing you cannot improve by throwing in an avocado!
This avocado hummus recipe uses the same main ingredients that make up traditional hummus like tahini, lemon juice, and garlic . The avocado just adds extra flavor and smoothness. Just toss these ingredients in the food processor and whir away! The result is this vibrant green hummus dip, serve with a side of veggies, pita chips or spread on a toast.
To Make this Avocado Hummus, You’ll Need?
- Chickpeas. I use canned ones, because it saves so much time, cooked to perfection and tastes great!
- Avocado. Two small avocados or a large one, the riper the avocado the better.
- Lemon. Fresh lemon is better.
- Tahini paste. Pick a good quality tahini paste jar.
- Garlic. two cloves is enough. Feel free with use less or more.
- Salt: I use fine salt.
- Cold water: If the texture of your avocado hummus is not creamy enough, add a few tablespoons of cold water.
- Olive oil. To drizzle on top before serving.
- A food processor. To pulse all the ingredients together.
Avocado + Hummus= The perfect food combo ever!
How to Make this Avocado Hummus Recipe
- Rinse canned chickpeas under cool running water, drain well.
- Reserve about 10 whole chickpeas in a small bowl, for decorating later.
- In your food processor, pulse all the ingredients except the avocado together.
- Scrape the sides and the bottom of the food processor with a large rubber spoon and add the avocados, then pulse a little bit more, until smooth and creamy- about 1-2 minutes.
- If your hummus is too thick, blend 1-2 extra tablespoons of cold water into your hummus until reaching your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning: Extra pinch of salt or a little extra lemon juice.
- Transfer avocado hummus to a serving plate.
- Decorate with reserved whole chickpeas.
- Serve topped with drizzle of olive oil and a light sprinkle of paprika powder if you’d like.
Looking for More Dip Recipes?
Avocado Hummus Dip Recipe