This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This shrimp Peas and Rice dish is incredibly delicious. It is packed full of flavor and will become a new favorite!
Shrimp and Rice Recipe
Sometimes you just need a quick, no fuss dinner. A dinner that will practically cook itself in under 30 minutes. This shrimp peas and rice is just that!
What you Need to Make Shrimp Peas and Rice:
(scroll all the way down to recipe card for exact measurements)
- Shrimp: Large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail off.
- Rice: I use medium grain rice like Uncle Ben’s, but you can use basmati rice or brown rice.
- Peas: frozen
- Garlic powder
- Extra virgin Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
Tips and Variations:
- Thaw the shrimp as directed on the package (usually overnight in the refrigerator in a colander with a bowl underneath; or more quickly in a colander under running cold water).
- Let the shrimp marinate for at least 10 minutes before cooking it.
- Keep in mind that shrimp cook very quickly – don’t take your eyes off of them or they may overcook.
- Use long grain rice like Basmati rice if you want to speed up the cooking time even more. Long grain rice cooks faster than medium grain rice.
- Rinse and soak the rice. Rinsing helps get rid of excess starch which is what tends to make rice too sticky. Soaking the rice for a few minutes helps it cook quickly and evenly.
Looking for easy shrimp dinner without rice? Get this awesome recipe for Simple Shrimp Salad!
If you’ve tried this Shrimp Peas and Rice recipe or any other recipe on The Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on my Instagram page for more recipes!