Simple Shrimp Salad
By far the most delicious shrimp salad that I’ve ever made! You will love this simple shrimp salad made with cooked shrimp tossed in with vegetables and balsamic dressing.
This shrimp salad can be served as a side dish but is also perfect as a main course for lunch or dinner. I used fresh medium sized raw shrimp, but you can use frozen bags. Just make sure to thaw the shrimp as directed on the package (usually overnight in the refrigerator in a colander with a bowl underneath; or more quickly in a colander under running cold water if you decide to make it the same day).
Serves: 4 people
For the salad:
- 3 to 4 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium romaine lettuce (5 to 6 cups chopped)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
For the shrimp:
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- For shrimp: In a large non-stick pan over medium high heat, swirl in 2 Tbsp butter. Once butter stops sizzling, add shrimp in a single layer, add a pinch of salt and let cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until each side turns pink. Set aside to cool. Shrimp cooks quickly!
- For dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk in balsamic vinaigrette, salt and olive oil until the dressing thickens and an emulsion forms. Taste and adjust quantities as desired.
- For salad:
- In a large bowl, mix in all the already chopped vegetables.
- Slowly drizzle the dressing and mix gently until all the vegetables are covered well.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze and serve. (optional)
Yum Yum! Everything about this shrimp salad is good!