Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette is incredibly flavorful, loaded with tender steak, your favorite greens, croutons and drizzled with a super easy and quick balsamic vinaigrette. This grilled steak salad with balsamic vinaigrette makes a delicious healthy lunch or dinner salad!
How to Grill the Best Steak?
Luckily that is also very easy!
- Pick a steak that is at least 3/4 inch thick. The thicker the better!
- Season the steak on both sides.
- Preheat the grill before adding the steak.
- Grill for 6-8 minutes each side on high heat.
STEAK SALAD DRESSING
This simple balsamic vinaigrette is a favorite of mine and goes well with any other kind of salad. For this steak salad recipe, I have included the exact quantities you need to make the dressing. However, you can always make it in a larger batch and store it in the fridge. It will come handy when you’re in the mood for a salad again. Balsamic vinaigrette will keep well when stored in fridge in an air tight jar for at least 3 weeks.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Once you whisk these 3 ingredients together, you will have a delicious salad dressing! 🙂
OTHER FAVORITE SALAD RECIPES
- 1 10-ounce grilling steak (sirloin top cut)
- 6-8 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup croutons
- Balsamic glaze
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper- to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil- for brushing the steak
For balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt; set aside.
- Preheat grill to 400 F.
- Brush steak with olive oil; season with salt and pepper by coating both sides evenly.
- Grease grill with grilling spray.
- Add steak to grill, and cook for 6-8 minutes. Flip to the other side and cook for another 6-8 minutes. (if steak is extra thick or you if you prefer your steak medium-well, you might want to cook for a few more minutes.)
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting it.
- In the mean time, assemble the salad by adding spring mix on the bottom, avocados, red onions, tomatoes, croutons, then top with steak strips.
- Pour the balsamic vinaigrette on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you love this recipe as much as I do, be sure to rate it and give a review or share it on Instagram and tag @TheSaltandSweetKitchen