Lentil Soup with Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links.
Hearty and healthy, this Lentil Soup with Pasta Recipe is loaded with flavor. Lentil soup is a nourishing, meatless meal that you can get ready in less than an hour!
Lentils are a pantry stable in my house, from soups to salads or main dishes, along with this Lentil Soup with Pasta, here are some other favorite Lebanese/ Middle Eastern inspired recipes to cook with lentils; Red Lentil Mujada, Mujadara, Red Lentil Tabouli Salad, Spinach Lentil Soup with Lemon, Lebanese Red Lentil Soup and Lebanese Lentil soup with vegetables.
WHAT GOES IN LENTIL SOUP WITH PASTA:
You probably have most, if not all of the ingredients in your pantry for this lentil soup, which is a good reason to add this lentil soup recipe to your rotation. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lentils. Brown Lentils work great for this recipe because they hold their shape the best in soups.
- Pasta. Your choice of uncooked small pasta, such as elbows or Ditalini pasta.
- Onions. Chopped into small pieces.
- Salt. To taste.
- Cumin. Gives Middle Eastern flavor!
- Butter. About 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter or margarine.
HOW TO MAKE LENTIL SOUP WITH PASTA:
- Place rinsed lentils and salt in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions, cumin, butter and small pasta, like elbows. You may use whatever small pasta you have on hand. Cook for another ten minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve this lentil soup with whole wheat toast and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE LENTIL SOUP WITH PASTA:
Store lentil soup leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the stove when ready to serve.
Freeze lentil soup in freezer containers for up to 3 months. Just keep in mind that the texture of the pasta will change. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving for best results.