This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hearty and healthy, this Lebanese Lentil Soup with Pasta is loaded with flavor. It is a nourishing, meatless, easy-to-make and delicious soup!
Lentil Soup with Pasta
Lentils are a pantry stable in my house, from soups to salads or main dishes, along with this Lentil Soup with Pasta, here are some other favorite Lebanese/ Middle Eastern inspired recipes to cook with lentils; Red Lentil Mujada, Mujadara, Red Lentil Tabouli Salad, Spinach Lentil Soup with Lemon, Lebanese Red Lentil Soup and Lebanese Lentil soup with vegetables.
(Scroll all the way to down to get exact measurements and a printable option)
You probably have most the ingredients, if not all in your pantry for this Lebanese style lentil soup, which is a good reason to add this lentil soup recipe to your rotation. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lentils. Brown Lentils work great for this recipe, because they hold their shape the best in soups.
- Pasta. Your choice of uncooked mini pasta, such as Farfalle, Elbows or Ditalini pasta.
- Onions. Chopped into small pieces.
- Salt. To taste.
- Cumin. Adds the Middle Eastern flavor touch!
- Butter. About 1/2 a tablespoon of unsalted butter or margarine.
HOW TO MAKE LENTIL AND PASTA SOUP:
- Place rinsed lentils and salt in a medium sized pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onions, cumin, butter and mini pasta. You may use whatever small pasta you have on hand. Cook for another ten minutes until pasta is cooked.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Serve this Lebanese lentil soup with whole wheat toast and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE Lebanese LENTIL SOUP:
Store lentil soup leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a pan on the stove when ready to serve.
Freeze lentil soup in freezer containers for up to 3 months. Just keep in mind that the texture of the pasta will change. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving for best results.
Do You Have To Soak Lentils Before Cooking Them?
No soaking is required! That’s the best part of cooking with brown lentils. They become tender after cooking for 30 minutes. Don’t skip rinsing them before cooking though, in case there is any dirt or debris left on them.
Is this Lebanese Lentil Soup Healthy?
Yes! Lentils are protein rich, low in calories, and highly nutritious. This lentil soup contains lots of nutrients. The only fat in this soup recipe comes from 1/2 tablespoon of butter, which you can easily omit.