This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Roasted Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing is light, crispy, healthy and full of so much flavor! This salad is also vegan & gluten-free.
Crispy roasted chickpeas, a quick tahini dressing, TONS of flavor, and a recipe that can be easily whipped up in 15 minutes makes this roasted chickpea salad one of my favorites!
I always roasted chickpeas in the oven on a baking sheet for this salad. But once I got an air fryer, I realized they take half the time to cook with even better results! Be sure to check out the baking tips section, if you don’t own an air fryer yet!
Ingredients for this Roasted Chickpea Salad:
(scroll down to recipe card for exact measurements)
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Roasted chickpeas – air-fried or baked
- Tahini paste
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
How to Make Roasted Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing:
- Roast the chickpeas: Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas in a colander, pat them dry with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Then pour into the air fryer. Set the timer to 10 minutes & 390 degrees, shaking half way through.
- Tahini Dressing: While the chickpeas are cooking, in a small bowl, whisk together tahini paste, garlic, lemon juice, water and olive oil. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Assemble salad: Prepare your salad, layer the veggies the way you like, adding the chickpeas on top and drizzle with tahini dressing.
And now you’re ready to enjoy!
How to Bake Chickpeas in the Oven:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas in a colander, pat them dry with a paper towel. Toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Coat a baking tray with cooking oil spray. Transfer chickpeas to the prepared baking tray, spread out and roast in oven for 25 minutes, shaking pan halfway through.
How to Store Roasted Chickpea Salad Leftovers:
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, in an airtight container. You can store everything separately or together.
- Meal prep: For meal prepping, storing the dressing, chickpeas and salad separately until ready to serve.
More Easy Salads:
If you’ve tried this healthy Salad recipe or any other recipe on The Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it.