Easter Rice Krispies Nests
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Mini Cadbury eggs make this Easter Rice Krispies Nests recipe disappear in no time. These no bake Easter treats never last long in our house. These Mini Egg Easter Nests made with nests of Rice Krispies treats and topped with that most delicious of Easter chocolates – Mini Eggs!
Easter Rice Krispies Nests
My kids love to help in the kitchen and rice Krispie treats is our to go-to recipe. This time, instead of making a square pan of rice Krispies treats, we decided to use a muffin pan to make individual little nests filled with mini chocolate candy eggs. These rice Krispie nests make the perfect dessert for Easter!
Rice Krispies with Cadbury Mini Eggs
While I love baking with my kids, sometimes it’s nice to have no-bake options available. These rice krispy treats are a fun Easter activity to keep the kids busy. Here are a few other recipes on the blog, I usually prepare with my kids; No-Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake, Coconut Date Bars, and Oat and Grain Bars.
You’ll Need a Few Ingredients:
(Full recipe with a printable option in recipe card below)
Marshmallows: Use mini marshmallows, always when making rice krispies treats. You will need a 10 ounce bag for the marshmallow mixture, which equals about 4 cups.
Rice cereal: You’ll need about 4.5 cups.
Cadbury mini eggs: or any Easter candy- Robbin eggs or Easter M&M’s.
How to Make Easter Rice Krispies Treats:
These Easter rice krispie treats with Cadbury mini eggs are so easy to make. They are a great no bake treat to make for parties or to pack in Easter baskets. The colorful mini eggs and the cute nest like shape, will catch everyone’s attention right away!
- Coat a 12-cup muffin baking tray with baking spray.
- Melt the butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan until they are melted and creamy.
- Stir in the rice cereal until completely coated.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the rice Krispies into the prepared cupcake tray.
- Press lightly in the center to form a nest.
- Allow the Rice Krispies cups to set and harden before popping them out of the cupcake tray.
- Fill the nests with Cadbury mini eggs.
Tips, additions and alternatives:
- I like to use a little less cereal in my recipe because the treats are softer and chewier this way.
- Wet your hands with water just a little when forming the nests, to avoid the rice Krispy mixture from sticking to your hands too much.
- We used Cadbury mini eggs on top of our easter nests, but you could easily use robin eggs or Easter M&M’s instead!
- Add some shredded coconut (made green with some food coloring if you like) in the nest before placing your mini eggs for added flavor and décor.
- Use Cocoa Krispies for chocolate Rice Krispie nests.
HOW TO STORE EASTER NESTS?
These treats will stay fresh if kept in an airtight container, but only for about 2 days. Try and keep them in a container that will fit all of them just right, without much excess air. The more open space, the more likely they are to dry out.
You can freeze empty Rice Krispie nests by keeping them in an airtight container, separated by sheets of wax paper between each stacked layer. These should stay good for 6 weeks. When you’re ready to use, simply take them out and let them thaw before adding the mini eggs.
They look delicious.
Aww thank you! 🙂