Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links.
This is the best Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Ever – Soft and chewy, ultra thin and loaded with Easter candy and chocolate chips! Come and get ’em! ! Your whole family will love this Easy Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Recipe.
Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my favorite desserts – they are gooey, crispy and chewy – the perfect indulgence. They are so easy to make and great for holidays because you can make them with all sorts of fun mix-ins! Recipes with Easter Candy are so bright, fun, and delicious!
Ingredients for Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
“Scroll all the way down to recipe card for exact measurements and a printable option.”
Butter- Cut butter into pieces and melt on stove top or in the microwave. Let it completely cool down before adding to the cookie dough. Melted butter makes for a chewer cookie. YUM!
Sugars- 50/50 both brown and white sugar.
Eggs- At room temperature.
Flour- 2 cups of all purpose flour only, is what makes these cookies ultra thin and flat.
Chocolate Chips- I used mini semi- sweet chocolate chip.
Easter Candy- I used Cadbury Mini Eggs, my absolute favorite! But Mini Robins Eggs or Easter M&M’s are just as good in these Easter cookies! I also crushed some of the mini eggs and left some as is.
How to Make Easter Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a medium size bowl, mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside
- In another medium size mixing bowl, add melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- whisk in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Pour in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt mixture. fold with a rubber spatula, just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Easter candies.
- Scoop or roll your cookie dough into 3 tablespoon balls and place on baking sheet. Space the cookie balls out so they have enough room to flatten while baking.
- Bake for 9 minutes, until the edges look cooked but the middles are still slightly under cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest for at least 10 minutes.
Tips for Making the Best Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
Measure the Flour Correctly:
The most important part of this recipe is measuring your flour correctly! Flour consistency is what makes these cookies ultra thin and flat. You will only need 2 cups of all purpose flour, be sure to use a measuring cup made for dry ingredients, not the glass Pyrex one. The scoop and level method works great for me when measuring my flour, but you can also use the spoon and level method if you prefer. First, I fluff the flour in the container, scoop it out with a measuring cup, then level it with the a butter knife to get rid of excess flour on top of the measuring cup.
Chocolate Chip and Easter Candy:
This recipe calls for 3/4 cups of mini chocolate chip and 3/4 cups of crushed mini eggs folded into the dough, but if you want the the cookies to look like the ones in the pictures, you have to sprinkle extra chips and some mini eggs on top after scooping out the dough and before baking.
Don’t over bake!
Mine were done at 9 minutes. When you take the baked cookies out of the oven, If they look slightly browned on the edges and under done in the middle, then you’re on the track. As hard as it may be not to try these cookies, you have to be patient and let them rest for about 10 minutes after removing them from the oven. The additional 10 minutes of rest will allow the under done middle to set up.