This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fudgy, gooey and delicious Easter Brownies full of your favorite Easter candy! This Easter brownies recipe is simple to make, quick to enjoy, made in one bowl, your whole family will love; I promise!
The Best Mini Egg Easter Brownies for Easter Baking
It may not be April yet, but mini eggs have officially hit the shelves which means it’s time to bake a batch if this mini egg Easter brownies recipe.
If you haven’t tried Cadbury mini eggs, you’re in for a treat! They are crazy good and they made these brownies taste even better!
Ingredients for Mini Egg Brownies :
To Make your Easter mini egg brownies, you’ll need:
(Full recipe with exact measurements, at the end of this post)
- Butter– Melted and slightly cooled. I always choose unsalted butter in most of my recipes. Brands vary in the amount of salt in salted butter. If you can ONLY use salted butter, skip the extra salt in the recipe.
- Vanilla extract– Pure vanilla extract enhances the chocolate flavor!
- All-purpose flour– Measured correctly. I use the scoop and level method for me when measuring my flour. First, I fluff the flour in the container, scoop it out with a measuring cup, then level it with the a butter knife to get rid of excess flour on top of the measuring cup.
- Cocoa powder– make sure it is unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips– I prefer the taste of semi-sweet chocolate in brownies. Milk chocolate can be substituted if you prefer.
- Mini eggs- You will need to crush some and leave some as whole.
How to Make Easter Brownies with Cadbury Mini eggs
Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large microwave safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate chips and melt at 15 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth. Let the mixture slightly cool before adding other ingredients.
Add eggs, vanilla extract and whisk well until fluffy. Then add granulated sugar and whisk some more until well combined.
Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Using a rubber spoon, fold until just combined.
Mix in crushed mini eggs and chocolate chips.
Line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper (making sure to leave some overhang), spray generously with non-stick baking spray. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
Bake at 350°F for 25-27 minutes for just under-done brownies (fudgier texture) or until the center of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch. OR 30-35 minutes if you like your brownies well set and firm.
NOTE: Brownies will continue baking and set in the hot pan out of the oven. If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
Remove from the oven, and gently press down whole mini eggs. And allow to cool completely before slicing.
Tips for Baking the Best Chocolate Brownies:
- I make sure that all of my ingredients are at room temperature before I start the recipe, so pull out all of the ingredients about 2 hours before you start baking.
- The easiest way to crush Mini Egg candies is to place them in a ziplock bag and then crush them with a rolling pin.
- Do not over mix your batter after adding the flour and cocoa powder. That creates air pockets in the batter which will give you cake-like textured brownies.
- Do not over bake them either. Mine were done at exactly 25 minutes in a 8×8-inch pan. You can go a little bit over if you like them set a bit more, but I don’t recommend it if you’re looking for fudgy brownies. Each oven is different, but remember, they will continue to bake slightly in the hot pan once pulled out of the oven.
- Line your baking pan with greased parchment paper and let it overhang on both sides a little, so you can easily pull them out of the pan.
- Let your Brownies rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour before cutting.
EQUIPMENT YOU MAY NEED
How to Sore Brownies:
Brownies are best when stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They will keep for up to a week if stored in the refrigerator.
Can you Freeze Mini Egg Brownies?
Yes, once the brownies have cooled completely, use the parchment paper to lift the entire bar out of the pan. Wrap the uncut bar in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Store on a flat surface in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before bringing to room temperature, cutting and serving.
More Easter Dessert Recipes:
Are you on dessert duty for Easter? Here are some more recipes to try:
Easter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easter Rice Krispies Nests
Easter Bunny Pancakes
Did you Make this Easter Brownies Recipe?
Please leave a comment and rating below, and let me know what you thought of this round up of Mother’s Day desserts recipes. Be sure to snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @thesaltandsweet, so that I can follow along.