Roasted Eggplant Salad with Tahini Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Simple and bright Mediterranean Roasted Eggplant Salad, prepared with perfectly roasted eggplant, fresh veggies, crunchy walnuts and a zippy lemon tahini dressing. It’s low carb, easy-to-prepare and makes a healthy Veganuary meal.
This Lebanese Roasted Eggplant Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing has been my savior when I want a quick and easy salad. It’s so simple and needed to be added to my recipe collection.
The simple lemon tahini dressing is so so good, that I want to pour it on everything!
Of all the vegetable recipes I post, eggplant recipes are the most special.
And anyone who doubts how crazy tasty eggplant recipes can be, hasn’t tried my Baba Ganoush- Eggplant Dip, Eggplant Chickpea Stew, Eggplant Fatteh, Makloubeh or Stuffed Eggplant with Lebanese inspired flavors, or today’s fresh eggplant salad!
Roasted Eggplant Salad Ingredients
This simple eggplant salad includes eggplant, cherry tomatoes, parsley, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and a delicious creamy lemon tahini dressing for a quick and easy vegan salad worth eating and repeating!
Air Fryer Eggplant:
Roasting eggplant in the air fryer is a super simple way to get eggplant right. It comes out beautifully caramelized and golden brown around the edges and melt-in-your-mouth tender in the middle.
It’s pretty much a foolproof recipe. But if you don’t own an air fryer, you can deep fry your eggplant, roast in the the oven or grill it. I have included tips on the different cooking methods below.
How to Make Roasted Eggplant and Tahini Dressing Salad:
First, start by prepping and roasting your eggplant. Cut your eggplants into thick round slices, place in a small bowl and drizzle with olive oil and salt to coat.
Air Fryer Eggplant:
- Toss eggplant with salt and olive oil until all eggplant pieces are coated. Place the eggplant in the air fryer basket in a single layer- cook in batches if needed.
- Air fry the eggplant at 400°F for 15 minutes, flipping the eggplants halfway through.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the eggplant on the baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and roast for 25 to 35 minutes, or until tender and brown around the edges.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat
- Toss eggplant with salt and olive oil until all eggplant pieces are coated .
- Grill for approximately 6 minutes per side until golden in color with grill marks.
Lemon Tahini Dressing for Roasted Eggplant Salad:
While the eggplant is cooking, whip up this creamy tahini dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and a little bit of warm water.
Taste for flavor, adding any extra you might like. Add the water or lemon juice one tablespoon at a time to thin as needed to desired consistency.
Assemble this Lebanese Inspired Eggplant Salad:
In large serving dish, add a layer of roasted eggplant, followed by chopped parsley, cherry tomatoes, and pomegranate seeds.
Then Drizzle with creamy tahini dressings and sprinkle some crushed walnuts.
I love this roasted eggplant salad as is, but it’s also great as a side salad. Here are a few options to consider:
- Bread: Stuff it in pita bread pockets, probably my favorite way to eat this salad!
- Veggies & Dip: Serve with a side of veggie sticks and Lebanese Hummus or Avocado Hummus.
- Protein: Top it with Air Fryer Salmon Bites or Chicken Tawook or keep it vegan and top with chickpeas or your favorite beans.
- Soups: Eggplant salad is great with this Lentil Soup with Pasta or Lebanese Red Lentil Soup.
Your fork is waiting…
Frequently Asked Questions:
How far in advance can I make the tahini sauce?
You can prep the tahini sauce up to 4 days in advance. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
What vegetables can I use if we don’t like eggplant?
Does the eggplant need to be served hot?
It tastes great hot, room temperature, or chilled, but I prefer it warm.
How To Store Leftover Salad:
- Refrigerator: Leftover salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, in an air tight container. You can store the salad and dressing separately or together.
- Meal prep: For meal prepping, I recommend storing the dressing and salad separately until ready to serve.