Chicken Soup With Vegetables
Yum, chicken soup… is everything you need on a cold winter day. The variety of vegetables, cooked in the chicken broth is what makes this soup so hearty. If you have not made chicken soup from scratch, I highly recommend you to try this simple recipe.
Prep: ook: otal:
- 2 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken legs
- 5 cups water- for boiling the chicken
- 3-4 large carrots- sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 1 zucchini- cut into medium size pieces
- 2 small tomatoes- cut into medium size pieces
- 1 large onion- sliced thinly
- 1 large potato- medium size pieces
- small bunch chopped parsley – about 1 cup
- Any other vegetables you have around and want to add.
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp long grain rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil chicken in large pot with salt and cinnamon sticks until cooked (about 30 mins)
- Once chicken is cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a cutting board.
- Remove and discard skin and bones.
- Chop or shred chicken into small pieces and set aside.
- Allow broth to continue simmering on medium heat.
- Add chopped carrots, potatoes, zucchini, onions, and tomatoes to simmering broth.
- Cook vegetables for 15 mins then add parsley and rice.
- Boil until vegetables are fully cooked for another 15 mins.
- Add shredded chicken back to pot and gently stir in with vegetables.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil and stir some more.
- Everyone likes their soup differently. Taste and adjust salt, if necessary.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with a toasted piece of bread if you like and enjoy! 🙂
Here is another soup idea!
If you make this chicken soup recipe, be sure leave a comment and let us know how it came out!