Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This delicious colorful Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing is loaded with heirloom cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and mint. This simple asparagus salad has a light and flavorful crisp crunch in every bite. Best of all, it comes together In less than 10 minutes!
Asparagus Salad with lemon Dressing – An easy and quick to make salad recipe that can be made year round. It is vegetarian, gluten-free, keto and paleo-friendly so go ahead and make a batch to serve as a side dish or meal prep to enjoy throughout the week.
What You Need to Make Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing
(Find the complete recipe with measurements all the way down in recipe card with a printable option)
Asparagus: of course! Look for 1 bunch with thin, snappy spears.
Cherry tomatoes: I used Heirloom for the colors, but regular cherry tomatoes works as well.
Mozzarella cheese balls: You can also use regular mozzarella cheese and cut it into small chunks.
Fresh mint leaves: To take it all over the top.
Garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt – To lightly dress the asparagus and mozzarella salad.
Salt: To taste.
How to Blanch Asparagus for Salad
- Boil a medium size pot of water in a large pot.
- While water comes to a boil prep a large bowl of water with ice (this is called an ice bath). This will help stop the cooking process and avoids overcooking the spears.
- Add asparagus spears to boiling water and let cook for 3-4 minutes. Use tongs to remove from the boiling water and transfer spears immediately into the ice bath. This is will stop the cooking process and avoids overcooking.
- Let the asparagus chill in the ice water for a few minutes.
- Pat dry the asparagus kitchen towels before assembling the salad.
How To Make this Simple Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing:
This asparagus salad recipe comes together in less than 10 minutes.
- Prep the asparagus: Rinse the spears under cool water to remove any grit and cut/snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and toss away.
- Blanch the asparagus. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and set a bowl of ice water nearby. Drop the asparagus into the boiling water and blanch for about 1 minute, until tender but still bright green. Transfer to the ice water for 1 minute, then drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Make the dressing by combining the garlic, salt, lemon juice, mint and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Assemble your salad by transferring the asparagus into a serving plate , arrange cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on top. Then drizzle with lemon garlic dressing.
- Toss to coat and enjoy!
Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing pairs well with this Easy Baked Salmon recipe, Pan Seared Salmon with Garlic Butter, Chicken Tawook, Salmon Kabobs, or Air Fryer Chicken Cutlets.
Stay connected! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post.
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM| EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
If you make this Simple Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette or any other recipe on the Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate it, and leave a comment below
Looking for More Salads Ideas?
Roasted Chickpea Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
Steak Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette