Best Baked Salmon
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Hello there! Whether you need a quick, healthy busy night dinner, a simple protein that you can enjoy tonight and eat leftover the next day, or a special occasion meal, this is THE BEST BAKED SALMON recipe for you! Made with olive oil and lemon for incredible flavor and baked in the oven for flaky tenderness.
Here’s the thing. I really really love salmon and today I’m going to share a super easy baked salmon recipe. The secret to a tasty baked salmon is in the cook-time. Avoid over-cooking so the fillets stay moist. Don’t stay to far from the oven because salmon fillets tend to cook very quickly; 5 to 6 fillets will take about 20 mins to cook. . I have a couple more popular salmon recipes here on the Salt and Sweet Kitchen, from Pan Seared Salmon with Garlic Butter, to Salmon Kabobs, but this baked version is straightforward, super easy, a no-tricks-only-treats Baked Salmon.
I love this baked salmon because it’s:
Perfect for busy nights
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Salmon Fillets – look for fresh salmon fillets that are nice and pink and moist. Alternatively, purchase frozen fillets that are vacuum sealed and defrost overnight in the fridge.
- Olive Oil – I use extra virgin, but any kind will work. You can also substitute avocado oil.
- Salt – Kosher salt works great; I also love Himalayan pink salt.
- Black Pepper – Freshly cracked is great.
- Lemon – A medium-size lemon. Half is juiced and the other half is cut into slices.
- Herbs – Use your favorite herb, I kept it simple with some chopped parsley. But feel free to use you favorite green. Here are some suggestions: dill, basil, tarragon, sage, rosemary, bay leaves, thyme, cilantro and fennel.
How to Make Salmon in the Oven:
With this easy baked salmon recipe, all you have to do, is brush the fillets with a olive oil and lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and black pepper, top with the lemon slices before popping them in the oven. Just remember to cover your tray with foil before baking; the foil locks in moisture and ensures that your salmon pieces are all, moist, tender and cooked evenly.
Tips for Making the Best Baked Salmon:
Pick the right size fillets so the salmon cooks evenly. Mine were about 6-oz per fillet.
Bring the salmon to room temperature. Let your salmon filets rest out on the counter for 15-30 minutes, until they come to room temperature. This will also help with even cooking.
Pat Dry the salmon. Always pat dry the fillets with paper towels before seasoning.
Do not over cook the salmon. The cooking time can be several minutes longer or shorter depending upon the thickness of your particular piece of salmon.
- Cover the tray with a foil: The foil locks in moisture and ensures that your beautiful piece of salmon turns out flakey, moist, and tender every single time.
What to Serve with Baked Salmon:
How to Store Baked Salmon:
Store baked salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Reheat in the microwave for one minute before serving. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM| EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
If you make The simple Baked Salmon Recipe or any other recipe on the Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate it, and leave a comment below 🙂