Air Fryer Salmon
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Golden-crisp on top, flaky and perfectly cooked in the center, this Air Fryer Salmon recipe is the answer to busy nights and special occasions alike! Low carb and low calorie meal that’s ready in 10 minutes!
The Best Air Fryer Salmon
Air Fryer Salmon is one of the easiest salmon dishes to make at home. This salmon dinner takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish. You’ll love the delicious salmon rub that makes this recipe so flavorful!
Easy Salmon Ingredients
Scroll to end of this post for exact measurements and a printable option.
Salmon: Look for fresh salmon fillets that are nice and pink. Alternatively, purchase frozen fillets that are vacuum sealed with no freezer burn. Thaw overnight in the fridge, I’ve also included tips for cooking frozen salmon in the air fryer below.
Salt and Pepper: To taste
Ground paprika: Adds color and flavor.
Garlic Powder: Adds flavor and some texture.
Olive Oil: Extra virgin.
Lemon: For serving
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER SALMON:
- Rub: Each salmon fillet with olive oil. In a small bowl mix salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Rub into the Salmon over the olive oil.
- Bake: Preheat air fryer to 400 F. Place salmon fillets skin side down in the air fryer basket. Bake 10 min. If you are adding asparagus add it after the first 5 min.
- Eat: Remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH SALMON:
There’s not much that doesn’t go with salmon. Here are a few suggestions:
Air-Fried Asparagus, Caprese Asparagus Salad, Asparagus Salad with Lemon Dressing, Sautéed Kale and Chickpeas, Green Bean and Beet Salad, Air-Fried French Fries, Lebanese Fattoush Salad or Lemon Tahini Sauce.
TIPS FOR MAKING SALMON IN THE AIR FRYER
- Choosing your Salmon: Both fresh and frozen salmon works for this recipe. Salmon should be clean brightly colored and free from soft spots or discolorations.
- Dry: To help the seasonings stick to the salmon pat it dry with paper towels. Also press the seasonings into the salmon so it stays on the salmon.
- Done: Check the salmon early to make sure you don’t over cook it. You do not want to over cook salmon, depending on the thickness of the salmon, it will take between 8-10 minutes in the air fryer. Alternatively, you can use a meat thermometer to check the thickest part of the salmon. The internal temp should be 145 F. Remove from the air fryer immediately, it will continue to cook if left in the basket.
- Serve: With Air Fryer Asparagus and you’ll have a fantastic dish for lunch or dinner. The fresh lemons make it extra great so make sure to squeeze fresh lemon juice on top!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Long to Cook Salmon in Air Fryer:
8 to 10 minutes at 400 F, depending upon their thickness and your air fryer model (fillets around 1 inch will need 8 to 10 minutes). Do not overcook or the salmon will be dry. Salmon is done when it registers 145 degrees F on an instant thermometer.
How do you Know when Salmon is Done Cooking?
It doesn’t take much work to figure out when Air-Fried salmon is done cooking, but there are a few things to look for if you’re unsure and if you’re done using an instant thermometer.
- Raw salmon is a translucent orange-pink hue, and it turns to an opaque light pink color when cooked.
- When cooked, salmon fillets should be mostly opaque with a small amount of translucent flesh still remaining.
- Flake test: You should also be able to stick a fork or knife into the middle and see the salmon start to flake away.
How to Cook Frozen Salmon in Air Fryer:
If you forget to take your salmon fillets out of the freezer, no worries, you can still make this recipe.
- Simply preheat your air fryer to 400 F and place the salmon fillets, skin side down, in the basket of the air fir fryer. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the air fryer basket and gently drizzle with olive oil, then rub the fillets with the seasoning mix.
- Now cook the recipe as normal and you’ll have a delicious salmon dinner.
How to Store Cooked Air Fry Salmon:
Place in an airtight container or wrap tightly in aluminum foil and store it in the fridge. It will keep for about 3-4 days.
SHOULD I LEAVE THE SKIN ON SALMON?
YES! It is so much easier to remove and discard the salmon skin after its been cooked. Plus, the skin creates a nice barrier between the pan or air fryer basket and the salmon flesh allows for a more moist, flaky fillet.
WHAT AIR FRYER IS THE BEST?
I’ve only used and tested my Cosori air fryer, which I love and I think it’s the perfect size for my family of five and it is super easy to clean!
If you have any questions about making this Air Fryer Salmon recipe, please leave a comment below and I will get back to you ASAP!
FOR MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
This 10 minute salmon in Air Fryer recipe is perfect for your weeknight rotation. I hope you try and love this recipe as much as I do. If you do, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me some feedback in the comments below. Those are always so epic and very much appreciated.