This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Surprise your loved ones on Valentine’s Day with this Hidden Heart Valentine’s Cake. It’s simple to make and guaranteed to impress, with a hidden heart in each slice. How cute is that?
Hidden Heart Valentine’s Cake
This valentine’s loaf cake is super easy to make and can be adapted for any occasion! I used my go-to orange bundt cake recipe as a base. This Bundt cake is fluffy, moist and delicious!
HEART CAKE INGREDIENTS
This recipe is flexible. You can use your favorite white Bundt cake recipe or if you’re not up to baking from scratch, use a Bundt cake mix. For my orange cake recipe, here is what you’ll need to make Hidden heart valentine’s cake.
- Granulated sugar
- Orange juice
- Vegetable Oil
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Pink or Red food coloring
- White chocolate chips- for the glaze
- Valentine’s sprinkles
SUPPLIES FOR THE HIDDEN HEART LOAF CAKE
- Heart Cookie Cutter – 2 1/2-inches heart cookie cutter.
- 9×5 Loaf baking pan.
- 8 inch square cake pan.
HOW TO MAKE HIDDEN HEART VALENTINE’S CAKE:
(Full recipe at the end of this post, with exact measurements and a printable option. Below you will find helpful pictures.)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line an 8 inch square baking dish and a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease with baking spray.
- Make the white cake batter: I used this orange Bundt recipe, but you can use your favorite vanilla Bundt cake recipe or a cake mix.
Make the pink cake and cut out the heart shapes:
Transfer 1.5 cups of the orange cake batter to a bowl and add pink food coloring to desired color.
- Spread the pink batter into the square baking pan. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely, then use the heart cookie cutter to cut out as many hearts as you can get.
Assemble the heart cake:
- Spoon a thin layer of the orange cake batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Evenly set in the cut out hearts to the center of the loaf, not leaving space between them.
- Then cover the entire loaf with the rest of the orange cake batter and bake.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted to the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing or adding a glaze topping- if desired.
HOW TO MAKE CAKE GLAZE
You can leave the cake as-is, or you can pour a white chocolate glaze on top. Add 1 cup white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Pour over the hidden heart loaf, and spread out evenly then sprinkle with your favorite valentines sprinkles.
How to Store Hidden Heart Valentine’s Cake:
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week.