This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This easy Sautéed kale and Chickpeas recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make with only 5 healthy ingredients, and tastes great on its own or as a side dish!
Sautéed Kale and Chickpeas
Sautéed Kale and Chickpeas is made with five simple ingredients — super-soft fresh baby kale (or any other kale), freshly-squeezed lemon juice, lots of chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt. And I’m telling you, it is delicious.
So if you’re looking for a super-simple and healthy side to go with dinner tonight, pick up some fresh kale and give it a try!
I feel healthier just looking at this kale dish!
Ingredients to Make Sautéed Kale and Chickpeas:
To make this easy kale salad recipe, you will need:
- Fresh kale: I love tender baby kale (which I used in this dish), but another variety, such as Lacinato kale or curly kale, will work here too. Before you cook it, wash and dry the kale and remove any tough stems. Then, tear or chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Chickpeas: Cooked.
- Onion: It amps up the flavor in this simple dish.
- Lemon juice: Freshly-squeezed, please!
- Olive oil: Good-quality extra virgin.
- Salt: A good pinch of sea salt to make all flavors pop!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
How to Make Sautéed Kale and Chickpeas:
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and salt and cook juts until wilted, then add chopped kale, tossing, until the kale wilts. Add cooked chickpeas and mix well with kale. Remove from the heat, and squeeze a little lemon juice over the kale. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
How long will this sautéed kale last?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and they will keep in good condition for 4-5 days.
MORE VEGAN SIDE DISH RECIPES:
If you’re looking for more side salad inspiration, here are some of my faves!