This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Biscoff Krsipie Treats take basic rice krispie treats to another level with chunks of Biscoff cookies and cookie butter mixed into the marshmallow rice krispie base, topped with a layer of melted white chocolate!
Lotus Biscoff Krispie Treats
If you love easy recipes & cookie butter – then these Biscoff Krispie Treats are just the thing for you. It’s an easy, no-bake recipe that you can whip up in no time. The best rice krispie treats recipe with a few extra ingredients to make them gooey, chewy, crunchy and irresistible.
What is Lotus Biscoff Spread?
If you’ve never tried Biscoff spread, you are in for a TREAT! Biscoff cookie butter is a creamy, vegan, nut-free spread, made with Biscoff cookies that has the consistency of peanut butter. It tastes like gingerbread cookies pulverized into a thick and rich spread.
Biscoff spread is available is most grocery stores- usually in the peanut butter aisle. I love anything with lotus biscoff, here are more recipes to try next: No-Bake Biscoff Bars, Biscoff Muffins, Biscoff Muffins, Biscoff Blondies and Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake. YUM!
COOKIE BUTTER RICE KRISPIE INGREDIENTS
(Scroll all the way down to recipe card for full measurements and printable option.)
Cookie butter rice krispie treats include:
- Butter: Salted, or use unsalted butter, but add a pinch of salt to the mixture.
- Marshmallows: I prefer to use mini marshmallows in my recipe because I find they melt quick and more evenly. Also make sure to reserve a cup to throw in at the end! If you only have regular sized marshmallows, 1(10 oz bag) of mini marshmallows is equal to 40 regular marshmallows.
- Biscoff cookie butter
- Biscoff cookies: crushed
- Milk: 1.5 tablespoons only.
- Puffed rice cereal
- White chocolate melts: or white chocolate chip
How to make Biscoff Krispie Treats
- Line an 8×8 inch baking tin with aluminum foil or parchment paper, let the paper hang over the pan a little and spray with baking spray.
- Gently melt the butter, biscoff spread, milk and marshmallows (reserve 1 cup to stir in at the end), in a saucepan on a low-medium heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the puffed cereal, crushed biscoff cookies and the reserved cup of marshmallow.
- Press down in to the baking tin (use the back of a measuring cup for this as it’s really sticky!). You can also lightly wet your hands with water or baking spray to press down.
- Add the white chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Pour over the biscoff layer, and spread out evenly.
- Arrange a few lotus biscoff biscuits on top.
- Refrigerate for another 15 minutes to help the glaze set a bit.
- Slice into bars and devour!
Tips to Biscoff Krispie Treat Success:
- You are going for gooey, chewy and light krispie treats, so its all about the proportion. I use the ratio of 60% rice krispie cereal to 40% percent marshmallow ratio for that soft pull apart texture, that still holds its shape.
- Don’t overcook the marshmallows. Once they are just melted remove them from the heat immediately. If you continue to cook the marshmallows they will get hard.
- Reserve about 1 cup of marshmallows and mix them in after mixture has melted and you’ve removed it from heat. This step in optional, but adding that cup after will help create little pockets of marshmallow awesomeness to the biscoff bars.
- Press the mixture in a pan as tightly as you can or the treats might not stick together properly. This will prevent the bars from drying out and also ensure the center stays soft.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE VEGAN?
Luckily Lotus Biscoff cookies and cookie butter are naturally vegan so this is a great recipe to utilize if you follow a vegan diet. And although I haven’t tested it, here are the swaps I would make:
- Plant-based marshmallows
- Plant-based milk
- plant-based butter
- Plant-based chocolate chips or melts
HOW LONG WILL THESE COOKIE BUTTER MARSHMALLOW TREATS KEEP?
Store in an air tight container at room temperature, they will keep well for up to 4 days. I do not recommend placing the krispie treats in the refrigerator. They will get very hard.
Best Ratio of Marshmallow to Cereal
An important factor in a rice krispie treat recipe is the ratio of marshmallow to cereal. Too much cereal and the squares will taste dry, crunchy, and bland. Too much marshmallow and the squares will be too sticky and fall apart. The best is a 60% rice krispie cereal to 40% percent marshmallow ratio.
To prevent any kind of sticking, line your baking pan with greased parchment paper. I just lightly spray the parchment paper with a little nonstick spray.
That’s basically it! I don’t need to convince you that rice krispie treats are delicious, but I hope you try these Biscoff Krispie Treats, the next time you need to bring your basic marshmallow squares recipe to another level.
And… If you make this recipe or any other recipe on the Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to tag me @thesaltandsweetkitchen on Instagram and leave comment. To pin this recipe and save it for later, you can use the button on the recipe card below or on any of the photos above.