This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a patriotic way to sweeten up your holiday, look no further than these 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats.
4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, or potluck, or just looking for a tasty way to celebrate the long weekend, these desserts are sure to add a touch of fun and festivity to your 4th of July celebration. They’re also perfect for Memorial Day!
Patriotic Rice Krispie treats are delicious white chocolate dipped rice krispies and sprinkled with red, white & blue sprinkles. This fourth of July krispie treats recipe is a super easy treat to make and is perfectly festive for the holiday season!
Super Tip: I always love and encourage you to make the rice krispie batch from scratch, but if you’re short on time, use a box of store bought krispie treats.
How to Make 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats:
Let’s discuss the ingredients you’ll need, and the steps to make delicious patriotic rice krispies treats. If you want to skip my discussion, and get straight to the recipe card, just scroll to the bottom of this post for the printable recipe.
- Butter – I used unsalted butter.
- Mini marshmallows – I only use mini marshmallows when making rice krispies, because melt more easily, and evenly, than larger marshmallows do.
- Crisped rice cereal – Rice Krispies is the popular choice, but any crisped rice cereal will work.
- Red, white & blue colored sprinkles – To add the festive look.
- White Chocolate – to make the candy coating.
- Melt butter on low heat in large non-stick pot. Add marshmallows (reserve one cup for later), stirring often, until smooth and melted. Remove from heat.
- Add in cereal, the reserved marshmallow cup and mix until mixture comes together. Press mixture evenly into an 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into rectangles with sharp knife.
- Dip 3/4 of each Rice Krispie treat in the candy coating, letting excess coating drip off back into the container.
- Place on wax paper, sprinkle with 4th of July sprinkles, as desired. Let stand for coating to set up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Why You” love these Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats:
- Quick and Easy – In less than 15 minutes you can whip up a batch!
- Festive – By adding red, white and blue sprinkles, your treats get a fun and colorful makeover! And this isn’t limited to the 4th of July, you can use any colors depending on the holiday!
- Kids Friendly – My kids love the white chocolate dipping part and the sprinkling!
Tips for Making the Best 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats:
Add extra marshmallows – Reserve 1 cup of marshmallows to stir in at the end, so you get some marshmallows that haven’t melted into the mixture. Yum!
Baking spray – The mixture will be sticky, so lightly spray the bottom of a measuring cup and use that to press the mixture down into the pan. OR you can spray your hand with baking spray and press them down into the pan.
Pan size – Making this recipe in an 8×8 inch or 9×9 inch square pan gives you nice and thick Rice Krispie Treats – the kind you often see at bakeries. You can also make it in a 13×9 inch size pan, however, the treats won’t be as thick.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Type of Cereal Should I Use?
Any type of puffed rice cereal will work in this recipe!
What Type of Marshmallows Should I Use?
I always use mini marshmallows, because they melt easier. But large marshmallows work as well.
How to Store Rice Krispie Treats:
These red, white and blue rice krispie Treats should be stored in an air tight container or zip lock bag. These rice krispie treats can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also freeze them in an airtight container for up to six weeks.