This post may contain affiliate links.
This delicious and vibrantly colored Beet Hummus will be an instant hit, especially for beet lovers! Beet hummus is so easy to make too! Once you boil the beets, add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the hummus is smooth. Serve with pita chips, fresh veggies, crackers, or use as spread.
What is Hummus?
Traditional hummus is a dip made from ground chickpeas, ground sesame seeds (tahini), lemon juice, garlic and a pinch of salt, originating in the Middle East. There are many twists to the traditional hummus recipe, including this beet hummus recipe, avocado hummus and hummus with beef. I love them all!
Beet Hummus Recipe Ingredients
To make this recipe, 6 simple ingredients are all you need:
- Beets. Boil them until fork tender.
- Garlic. For extra flavor.
- Chickpeas. The foundation of every hummus!
- Tahini paste: For a smooth touch.
- Water. Helps with the creaminess.
- Salt: Seasoning!
HOW TO MAKE BEET HUMMUS – STEP BY STEP
- Place the beet in a small sauce pan with a small amount of water (just enough to cover it) on high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium low and cook for about 1 hour or until fork tender. Then peel and cut in half.
- Add beet, garlic, tahini, salt, and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Scrape the sides, and give it another quick pulse.
- Add couple tablespoons of water if mixture is not smooth enough.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.