Roasted Whole Red Snapper
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Incredibly flavorful Roasted Whole Red Snapper, thanks to just a few basic seasonings!
ROASTED RED SNAPPER INGREDIENTS:
For this simple roasted whole snapper, you’ll need:
- A Whole Red Snapper. 1 large fish, mine was around 2 lbs.
- Olive Oil. For brushing the fish.
- Lemon: I used about one whole lemon — half for slicing and using while baking, and half for squeezing on the outside for serving. You will need another half if you like scrub the fish with lemon while cleaning it too.
- Fresh Herbs: You don’t have to add any herbs, but if you’d like you can add a few sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme for stuffing the inside of the fish.
- Salt and Pepper: Fresh ground black pepper and salt. You will need a bunch!
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR RED SNAPPER FOR BAKING:
I buy mine already cleaned and scaled.
- Line a baking sheet with a aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- I give my fish and extra rinse at home and scrub it with Lemon halves. Then gently pat dry with a paper towel, and transfer it to the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Score your red snapper by cutting about 3-4 slits on the scale of the fish.
- Brush the fish with olive oil on both sides.
- Stuff the opening of the fish with lemon slices and your choice or herb. If you use herbs, make sure its stuffed and covered deep inside the cavity to avoid it from getting burned.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper on the outside and inside.
And that’s it! Your red snapper is ready to go.
HOW TO ROAST RED SNAPPER IN THE OVEN:
- Preheat oven to 450 F ( yes, it’s better t0 bake on high heat) for about 30 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. The internal temperature of fish needs to be 145 F to be fully cooked, incase you decide to measure.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Squeeze with extra fresh lemon juice.
- Serve immediately, work around the bones and enjoy!