Pasta with Chicken and White Sauce Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links.
This Pasta with chicken and white sauce Casserole is pasta tossed in a flavorful chicken, mushroom and spinach sauce, then topped with plenty of cheese and baked until golden brown. A super easy dinner idea and great meal prep dish!
Pasta and Chicken with White Sauce is is easy to make and will delight your family and friends.
Ingredients for White Sauce Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- Pasta: such as penne or rigatoni.
- Skinless chicken breasts
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground ginger
- All purpose flour
- Olive oil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Fresh mushrooms
How to Make Pasta with Chicken and White Sauce:
- The first step is to boil some rigatoni pasta, just until tender. Rigatoni is great for baked pasta dishes, and holds up well to thicker sauces such as the creamy white sauce in this recipe. If you can’t find rigatoni at your local grocery store, penne is a good substitute.
- While the pasta is boiling, cook the chopped chicken on the stove with some salt and spices. Add mushrooms and baby spinach to the pan and cook it until softened.
- In another pan, whip up the white sauce. When the sauce has simmered and thickened, toss the cooked rigatoni in the sauce.
Prepare the pasta white sauce casserole for baking:
- Pour half the pasta and sauce mixture into a casserole dish.
- Add layer of the cooked chicken mixture.
- Then add a layer of the rest of the pasta and white sauce mixture.
- Top it with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the dish until the cheese is golden brown and melted.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley if you’d like.
- Dig in and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Baked Chicken with White Sauce:
- Shred your own mozzarella cheese. If you want your cheese to melt well and stretch. Otherwise pre shredded cheese will taste just fine.
- This dish can be assembled up to 6 hours before you plan to bake it. Store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to put it in the oven. Bring to room temperature before baking.
Can you Freeze Baked Pasta?
Yes! The best part about this dish is that it’s great for meal prep! Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Tightly cover the top of your dish with foil, then cover everything with plastic wrap to get as tight of a seal as possible. Thaw it in the fridge over night before baking. You can also bake it from frozen, just add additional 20- 30 minutes of cook time.
More Pasta Recipes:
If you make this delicious Pasta with Chicken and White Sauce Casserole, then don’t forget to leave me a comment below and rate the recipe 🙂