This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This rich, thick and savory Cauliflower Tahini Stew, with hearty beef chunks, roasted cauliflower and the most flavorful tahini sauce, is easy to make and absolutely delicious. Serve it over rice for a complete, satisfying meal that will warm you up from the inside out.
Cauliflower Tahini Stew
This is just a great tasting, hearty Lebanese stew that will leave you sighing with happiness while you eat.
I like serving this stew in a big bowl over Lebanese rice to complete the meal. It’s comforting and fresh at the same time, perfect for cozying up with during these colder months.
Ingredients to Make Cauliflower Tahini Stew:
**Full recipe with exact measurements & detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post**.
Cauliflower: Leaves removed, bottom stem trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Tahini: Tahini is the star of the show here, make sure you pick a high quality tahini jar.
Lemon: Helps to lighten the dish and pairs perfectly with Tahini.
Garlic: Adds flavor to the tahini sauce.
Onion: Make sure to sauté well to avoid burning as it can impact the final taste negatively
Beef cubes: I use sirloin steak or rib eye steak, cut into small pieces. Avoid beef stew as it tends to take too long to cook.
Salt and Spices: a mix of Mediterranean spices, including all spice and black pepper.
Olive oil: Extra virgin.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower Tahini Stew:
- Heat up a medium sized non stick pot over medium heat , add olive oil, diced onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté until translucent but not browned.
- Add beef cubes, salt and spices and mix well with the sauteed onions. Let cook until all sides of beef cubes are browned.
- Cover with water (about 2 cups), reduce heat to medium low, cover the pot and simmer for 30 mins or until beef is well cooked and tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 F. Lightly grease a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on a baking sheet. drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until golden browned. Set aside.
- Prepare the tahini sauce: In a small bowl, add the tahini, water, lemon juice and salt and stir vigorously until well combined. Taste the tahini sauce if it needs any extra lemon, salt or water. The consistency should not be too thick.
- Pour the tahini sauce over the beef mixture and increase the heat to medium until it starts to boil, then reduce the heat, add roasted cauliflower and simmer for around five minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and toasted pine nuts for a little color!
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Store Cauliflower Stew:
- Refrigerator: store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days in an airtight container. Be sure to let the stew cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge.
- Freezer: cauliflower stew can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months in a freezer safe airtight container. To reheat, allow to defrost in the fridge overnight before heating in the microwave for a few minutes. You could also reheat on the stovetop in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Still hungry for more Lebanese Stews?
I’ve got a whole category devoted to Lebanese Recipes here. Try my….