This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Happy Halloween! These Peanut Butter and Jelly Spiders are a must for your spooky festivities!
At this time of the year I like to get creative with my kids’ lunch boxes. I made these cute Halloween inspired mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Spiders.
Pb & J sandwiches become spooky spiders! These Halloween sandwiches are fun to prepare with the help of your little ones- pack them in your child’s lunch box or serve them on Halloween parties and potlucks!
The fun doesn’t stop with these Halloween sandwiches! While you’re here, check out a few other easy Halloween treats that you can easily whip up today! Ghostly Pizza, Reese’s Bats, Boozy Halloween Pot de Creme , Popcorn Spider Web & Spider Chocolate Chip Cookies.
INGREDIENTS FOR Peanut Butter and Jelly Spiders
Here’s what you’ll need to make these fun Halloween sandwiches:
- Wheat or white bread slices
- Smooth peanut butter
- Jelly or jam (your choice of flavor)
- Thin pretzel sticks
- Candy eyeballs
- Lid of a mason jar
Why You’ll Love Them
These are great to add to your Halloween dinner party because they’re a little healthier than all that sugary candy or dessert.
- They’re simple and easy to make.
- They’re versatile! Use your favorite nut butter and jam filling!
- They’re super cute for a food buffet!
- No special cutters needed, I used the lid of a mason jar.
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
It is a so easy to prepare these peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for Halloween!
- Using the lid of a mason jar or a round glass cup, carve out rounds into two slices of bread.
- Spread an even layer of peanut butter across one of the bread rounds.
- Spread an even layer of jelly across the other side of the bread round.
- Place pretzel sticks on each side. Don’t forget, spiders have 8 legs !
- Combine the two rounds together, covering the pretzels legs.
- Add a tiny dot of peanut butter to the back of the candy eyes. Stick two eyeballs onto the top layer of your Peanut butter and jelly spider sandwich, creating the spider eyes.
Can I Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Spiders Ahead?
You can make these Halloween sandwiches ahead of time. Just wait to put on the pretzels legs and eyes until you are ready to serve.