This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You will seriously fall in love with this quick and easy Caprese Flatbread Pizza. It takes less than 15 minutes to throw together. Cherry tomatoes, cheesy mozzarella, fresh basil leaves and balsamic vinegar on top of a crispy flatbread is simply perfection!
Caprese Flatbread- Mozzarella Tomato Basil Flatbread Recipe
Whenever a recipe calls for tomatoes, I love to use those lovely baby heirloom tomatoes. They add so much color and flavor to any recipe! They are all over farmers markets especially this time of the year. My kids eat them like candy anytime of the year! But really the tomato choice is up to you.
This cherry tomato flatbread has the perfect combination of fresh flavors, from the basil leaves and cherry tomatoes, to lots of mozzarella and a warm flatbread , which is then topped with a sweet Balsamic glaze.
What is Flatbread Pizza?
Flatbread pizza is made with store bought flatbread instead of a traditional pizza dough. It’s a great way to make a quicker and easier “pizza” rather than the traditional method. I have a few other recipes on the blog that uses flatbread: Labneh Flatbread & Ghostly Pizza.
Looking for more flatbread recipes, you’ll love this simple flatbread pizza recipe!
You can Pin this for later!
Ingredients in Caprese Pizza:
(Exact measurements at end of this post)
- Naan bread: or pizza crust
- Cherry tomatoes- You can use other tomatoes as well.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Feel free to substitute with shredded mozzarella if that’s all you have, but I find that these flatbread pizzas taste so much better with fresh mozzarella. I buy the pre-sliced varieties so that they’re easier to use.
- Fresh basil leaves: Adding fresh basil to the grilled or baked tomato mozzarella flatbread gives it a pop of color and flavor.
- Balsamic glaze: Ahh, the finishing touch. Raspberry glaze is my fave!
HOW TO MAKE CAPRESE FLATBREAD PIZZA:
This mozzarella tomato basil flatbread pizza comes together in 15 minutes or less! You can either bake it the oven or grill it in summer time. I’ve included both cooking methods, below.
Grilled Caprese Flatbread:
Baked Caprese Flatbread: