Taco Ground Beef Recipe
I know that ground beef tacos is not an authentic Lebanese recipe, but I still wanted to share it because it’s something we really enjoy.
Taco Tuesday became my family’s once a week traditional dinner. Ground beef taco is a very easy meal that can be done in 30 minutes and is fun to put together. We are big fans of hard taco shells, which can be broken up and made into a taco “salad”. I usually end up doing this for my two toddlers because they find it so much easier to eat. My husband, on the other hand always ends up eating a shocking number of tacos. Maybe, he should stick to eating them in a salad as well, that way nobody is counting!
I use mild taco seasoning because I’m not a spicy food fan. But, you can feel free to go as spicy as you want. Taco seasoning packages comes in your choice of spicy or mild. You can also use a spicy salsa topping.
I know there are many taco recipes out there, our favorite however is made with ground beef. If you are not a red meat lover, you can substitute beef with ground turkey or chicken.
Let’s get started!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Taco shells, soft or hard
- For topping:
- 1 cup lettuce, thin cut
- 1 cup tomatoes, small cut
- 1 cup thinly shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat:
- add onion and pinch of salt and cook, until wilted
- Add ground beef and taco seasoning bag to the onions, stir often and break the meat into small pieces, until the meat is cooked through. ( about 10 -15 mins ).
- Turn off the heat, drain any excess grease, if needed
- Serve in taco shells with your choice of toppings ( We do, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa)