These Holiday Brownies are super fudgy, Christmas tree shapes, topped with sweet green icing, M&Ms and sprinkles. Holiday Brownies are the ultimate holiday dessert- perfect for lunch boxes too!
Brownies are one of my favorite desserts! Easy to make, easy to serve and kids love them. These brownies are super fudgy, soft on the inside and crispy on the outside with a rich chocolate flavor. For decorating, I used store bought green icing, but you can make your own icing if you’d like.
How to Make Holiday Brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a metal 9×9 pan with parchment paper allowing some to hang over edges of pan, grease with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk in eggs by hand, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk for about 1 minute.
- Add sugar and whisk in until smooth, for about 30 seconds.
Pour melted butter.
Whisk in melted chocolate until well combined.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and stir using a rubber spoon, just until combined.
Add Chocolate chips and give it a one extra stir.
Pour into prepared pan and smooth out.
Bake in preheated oven for 27-30 minutes. Let cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
- Remove the brownies from the pan, and cut into triangles:
- Start by cutting into three equal rows- try to do a better job than I did at making them equal.
- Then cut in alternating diagonals. Cut each row into 4 triangles. Set aside leftover pieces for snacking.
- Press the popsicle sticks into the bottom of each brownie triangles.
- Squeeze green icing over brownies, add sprinkles and a few M&Ms.
Tips for Baking the Best Holiday Brownies
- Do not over mix your brownie batter after adding the flour.
- Do not over bake them either. Mine were done at exactly 27 minutes in an 9×9-inch pan. Each oven is different. But remember, they will continue to bake slightly in the hot pan once pulled out of the oven.
- Line your baking pan with greased parchment paper so you can easily pull them out of the pan.
- Let your Brownies rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour before cutting.