These Oat and Grain Bars are basically the homemade heathier version of your favorite store bought granola bars. Oat and grain bars are a perfect portable morning or afternoon snack- great for lunch boxes, road trips, or outdoor picnics!
What I love the most about this recipe is that I always have the ingredients available in my pantry. These granola bars are also versatile, with tons of options to add any other ingredient that you’d like! It took me a few tries to get the recipe right, the third was a charm! They came out super soft, yummy and chewy.
Oat and Grain Bars Recipe Ingredients
You need these basic ingredients to make this homemade granola bars recipe:
- Peanut butter
- Old-fashioned rolled oats
- Rice cereal
- Vanilla extract
- Roasted almonds
- Roasted sunflower seeds
- Mini chocolate chips
How to Make Oat and Grain Bars
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the butter, brown sugar, and honey.
- Remover from heat and add the peanut butter, vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Mix until everything is coated.
- Add the oats, rice cereal, raisins, almonds and sunflower seeds, and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 baking pan, and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle in the mini chocolate chips.
- Set in the fridge for a at least 1 hour before slicing into bars.
Did you make this recipe?