Banoffee Pie is an English dessert that is super easy to make, with a graham crackers crust, fresh banana slices, toffee, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings topping. Banoffee Pie is a hit with everyone who tries it!
You won’t be able to stop eating this light and delicious no bake caramel pie! Banoffee pie is at the top of my favorite no bake desserts list right alongside my No-Bake Cream Pie, Lotus Biscoff Cheesecake and No-Bake Jello Cheesecake.
What you Need to Make Banoffee Pie:
(Scroll down to recipe card for exact measurements)
- Graham crackers: or Digestive crackers.
- Butter: unsalted-melted
- Whipped cream: I use premade whipped cream to save time.
- Dulce de Leche: Similar to toffee, dulce de leche is a thick, creamy, perfectly sweet confection made by slowly heating condensed milk for several hours, until it’s the color and consistency of caramel sauce; also known as caramelized milk. I buy my Dulce de Leche pre made, I find it at Target and Walmart.
- Bananas: That are ready but not super ripe.
How to Make Banoffee Pie:
- Line a 9 inch springform dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with baking spray.
- Crush the digestive biscuits to fine crumbs using a food processor, then mix well with melted butter.
- Evenly spread the crumb mixture to the prepared springform pan, then press with your hands or a flat-bottomed measuring cup. Place in the freezer for up to 30 minutes or until the crust hardens.
- Top with the toffee filling.
- Add a layer of banana slices.
- Cover with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with your favorite shaved chocolate.
- Chill in the fridge 1-2 hours or until filling is firm before serving.
Tips and Variations for Making Banoffee Pie:
- While this is a no-bake pie, I have found that pre-baking the crust for about 10 minutes at 350°F will help the pie hold a better shape when cutting to serve. You can totally skip this extra step, but if you deicide to pre-bake the curst, let it cool completely before adding filling.
- This English pie is originally made with Digestive biscuit for the crust. It’s a bit hard to find in the US. I find mine sometimes at Walmart or Target. If you can’t find it, opt for graham crackers.
- Use pre made whipped cream, like cool whip. You can also make your own, you’ll need about 1 cup.
Want more no bake recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth?
If you’ve tried this English Banoffee Pie or any other recipe on the The Salt and Sweet Kitchen, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know it turned out in the comments below!