How Long to Bake Asparagus?
About 10 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Here are some simple steps to to perfectly cook these green stalks:
- Prep: Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and toss away. Arrange the asparagus stalks on a foil or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Season:Toss the asparagus with olive oil and black pepper to coat.
- Bake: Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Add cheese, bake for another 5 minutes. You know your Asparagus are ready, when the largest stem is fork tender.
- 1 lb asparagus- stalks trimmed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes- halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil- chopped
- Balsamic glaze- for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking pan with a foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the asparagus on one side of the baking sheet in a row on one side of the baking pan.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes in a row on the other side of the pan.
- Drizzle the top of the asparagus and cherry tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top the asparagus with the shredded Mozzarella cheese. I used Mozzarella balls cut into small pieces.
- Place back in the oven and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the asparagus on a serving plate. Top the asparagus with tomatoes. I arrange the tomatoes to cover the melted.
- Add a coat of fresh basil over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze on top and serve.
Raspberry Balsamic Glaze is my favorite for this recipe, but any other regular balsamic glaze will work just fine.